Poor postal service

EmP

Yes, I started a thread in here (which is now in the lost and found section) about a recorded delivery item that's gone missing on Oakhurst (they put the usual card through the door, but when I read it, it said they'd left the item for collection - at the address they were supposed to deliver it to!). That was Wednesday last week. I went to the office on Silvester Road at 9am on Friday, they couldn't account for it and said they'd call when they'd checked with the postman. They didn't, so I went back and queued for ages on Saturday morning to be told the postman wouldn't be back till today... Today I received a call saying he's on a rest day and won't be back in till tomorrow (but at least they did let me know they can't do anything today). I gave them the recorded delivery number, and they've got an illegible signature on their little device, but no record of the number it was actually delivered to. So I am relying on the postman remembering where s/he delivered something almost a week ago... It's a birthday present from my elderly father, who is rather upset that I haven't got it yet.

I suspect that there are a few temporary postmen/women at the moment, to cover the Christmas post.

I did have a small issue with a package not being delivered last week and if the case that there are indeed temporary postmen/women working to cover than I'd admit my location has caused a little confusion for delivery services in the past. This has been put down to the fact that I'm 137-138 Bredinghurst Overhill Road and I believe there's another door with 137 on this road also (?). Nevertheless my package was taken to the post office on Forest hill road and have to say no issues with the service there.