best hair dresser local?

tango80

Lawler Steel Boutique, trained west end stylists at affordable prices. Owner has a L'Oreal Degree in colour. They are very friendly, down to earth and most importantly listen to what you want, not what they think you should have.

Cant recommend it enough

Web address www.lawlersteel.co

Telephone number 020 8670 9969

Email - [email protected]

Hope that helps

Ayesha Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lawler Steel Boutique, trained west end stylists

> at affordable prices. Owner has a L'Oreal Degree

> in colour. They are very friendly, down to earth

> and most importantly listen to what you want, not

> what they think you should have.

> Cant recommend it enough

>

> Web address www.lawlersteel.co

> Telephone number 020 8670 9969

> Email - [email protected]

>

> Hope that helps

They absolutely didn't listen to what I wanted - very expensive for what was an average cut/blow dry, wouldn't go back... I go to a place in Putney now (French hairstylists seem to understand very fine hair) but probably too far for the OP??

Another vote for Kuki on Bellenden Road. Have been going to Trevor Sorbie for many years, but they were just getting too expensive. Had a brilliant haircut for ?40 at Kuki's. As good as the haircuts at Trevor Sorbie (costing well over ?100).

Kuki are fantastic. Better cut than I was getting at Charles Worthington in Covent Garden.

But Shingo is still on holiday I think, and also I believe the salon was closing for a while after Christmas while something interesting was being done to the floor.

May be open again now!

After having paid for several very expensive and bad hair cuts in London (one made me cry) I was recommended headnizm by my boyfriend (who had longish hair at the time). They are cash in hand and very cheap but all the girls in there are damn good at haircuts, especially Rose. I don't know what they are like for colouring though, I haven't had that there.

Have also had nothing but great service at Lawlor Steele in West dulwich. After many colour disasters elsewhere, I have finally found a place where the colour and cut are both excellent. The owner's skills reflected in her prices.highly recommend.

I too would recommend Lawyer Steel. Been going since it opened, and have followed Traci when she worked for other salons. I went to Kuki once when I couldn't get an appointment. They were the same price as Lawyer Steel actually. The woman who cut my hair was lovely, however I will wait for an appointment next time and not be so impatient ;-)

Hope that helps. Having your hair done is so personal.

Enjoy.

Linda

lindabd Wrote:

> I too would recommend Lawyer Steel. Been going

> since it opened, and have followed Traci when she

> worked for other salons. I went to Kuki once when

> I couldn't get an appointment. They were the same

> price as Lawyer Steel actually. The woman who cut

> my hair was lovely, however I will wait for an

> appointment next time and not be so impatient ;-)

>

> Hope that helps. Having your hair done is so

> personal.

>

> Enjoy.

> Linda

Traci at Lawler Steel charges ?75 for a cut and everyone at Kuki charges ?40, so not really the same price. Have been to both, but only when Lawler Steel had offers on. The cheapest stylist at LS charges ?45.

Traci is great. I used to go to her when she was in LL, but the last time I went (at Lawler Steele)I paid ?125 - that was after the Easter 25% discount. I agree hairdressing is personal, but it also has to be realistically priced. ?75 per cut in a South London hairdressers offering nothing especially groundbreaking, when all other very good hairdressers are charging ?40 (Galleon, KuKi et al) takes the p*ss.

I came across this thread when looking up Lawler Steel's telephone number to change an appointment time - which they did with no problem. I had my hair cut and coloured today and paid the same as I have previously paid on Lordship Lane, and with much better results. The stylist absolutely listened to what I wanted - a complete change of style - but also had a long conversation with me about what was reasonable. ie was I really likely to stick to my New Year's resolution of styling my hair everyday, if I've never done this before... Sage advice! I'm delighted with the end result, and will be returning. I agree with other posters that a haircut is personal, and it's up to you whether you are happy with the price. I think I had great service today for the price that I paid.

Like others on this thread, I would recommend Lawler Steel - they're fab! I've been going to Traci at Lawler Steel for a while now. My cut and colour has become a regular treat and I feel like I more than get value for the price I pay. I used Traci on a few occasions when she was in LL and was SO happy when she moved to West Dulwich where I now live. Of course, what you can/ are prepared to pay for a haircut is a personal choice, I want to stress that the experience at Lawler Steel is worth every penny.

Arh Yes perhaps I should have clarified. Traci charges me for a mens cut as my hair is V short. Kuki declined to do that, so it was the same price.

As I said before, hair is such a personal thing, so for me it's not really about price but preference and service.

I would def recommend Lawler Steel - Traci has been doing my colour for years - I followed her from another salon - and Kozi now also does it - both are fantastic and really know their stuff. I used to have my colour done at a West end salon and they didn't do half the job and it was double the price!

lindabd Wrote:

> Arh Yes perhaps I should have clarified. Traci

> charges me for a mens cut as my hair is V short.

> Kuki declined to do that, so it was the same

> price.

>

> As I said before, hair is such a personal thing,

> so for me it's not really about price but

> preference and service.

Kuki doesn't have a man's haircut price, they are all the same, unlike with Lawler Steel. ?75 for a haircut with Traci. She used to work at WillisB, just checked and their top hair cut price is ?58. LS used to do colour deals, and you didn't have to have a haircut at the same time. Then they started to require you have a cut at the same time, at full price.

Archived