The New Cherry Tree (the start of a new era)

Ryan 1988

Dodger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

The new manager seems very pleasant

xxxxxxx

Which new manager is that, Dodger? The one who started this thread, or a newer new manager?

Edit deleted

Remember The Times Wrote:

> See video(link) of a DJ night filmed in The Cherry

> Tree. Does it look Bizarre ?, Does it look like a

> badly attended school Boy Disco with less

> Atmosphere ? Some people spend so much time

> posting their unjust comments on forums, they've

> lost reality of what a GOOD TIME really is.

>

Well as the DJ says.. (Listen Carefully.) '5th Sept. We will be here again'. Was Filmed August 2013.

Seven Months ago...

So not current situation on Vibes at The Cherry Tree. 2/10

Must try harder.

Foxy ;-)

Hi all,

I've seen all these comments..

I am organising a b/day party for my son who will be 1 and I wanted to do it there because it's 1 min away from our home and it's got a great garden..

I went there yesterday to book. I met Gary and he's really nice but think the real boss there is Tony, spoke to him too, old man, old fashioned, yea, but if we just get food and drinks we should be ok..?

I went there once for dinner last year (after the 'grand opening') and it was lovely.

Thoughts please :-)

I wouldn't want to ruin my boy's party of course!

Pantalaimon Wrote:

> I went there once for dinner last year (after the

> 'grand opening') and it was lovely.

xxxxxx

Whilst I completely agree that you should judge for yourself, you should maybe be aware that the people who were running the place, and the excellent chef, at that time (I am assuming you mean the "grand opening" when it became The Cherry Tree?) all left under very unfortunate circumstances, to put it mildly.

So the people who at that time made the place and the food "lovely" - which they were - are sadly no longer there :(

As Sue says, many of us enjoyed the lanch of cherry tree and were optimistic about it's future. But what happened next (detailed elsewhere on this forum at the time) was the last straw for me and the venue

Based on my actual dealings with the pub, on a practical level, I would suggest your kids party would work out just grand - it's a good space and the garden will be good for kids as well

But the question remains - given how they repeatedly deal with new managers, staff, some customers - would you WANT to give them the business. Only you can answer that

Remember The Times Wrote:

> See video(link) of a DJ night filmed in The Cherry

> Tree. Does it look Bizarre ?, Does it look like a

> badly attended school Boy Disco with less

> Atmosphere ? Some people spend so much time

> posting their unjust comments on forums, they've

> lost reality of what a GOOD TIME really is.

>

>

> =share&list=UUyIahW2A0l98xCTLJMdbwjA&index=2

Well all sorted then? Only busy one night a month. Post pictures on any busy night?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived