Help from women required - research

lizdaniel

Hello,

I am currently carrying out a piece of research on eating behaviour in adult females for my MSc Health Psychology, and would like to invite you to take part.

Much research into eating behaviour has looked at the role of parents, but this often focuses on responses from parents themselves or of children/adolescents. I am interested in looking at how a person's perceptions of their parents/caregivers parenting style and feeding behaviour, may have influenced their eating behaviour in adulthood.

I would really appreciate it if would take part in the research. If you would like to take part, all you need to do is click on the link below and complete a short online survey. It will take you no more than 25 minutes. You also need to be female,over the age of 18, and living in the UK. The survey is completely anonymous and you will be given further information once you begin the survey.

The link is: http://www.surveygizmo.co.uk/s3/1445133/56b4c8bd324a

Thanks for your help!

Jayne

• 1 month later...

' I am interested in looking at how a person's perceptions of their parents/caregivers parenting style and feeding behaviour, may have influenced their eating behaviour in adulthood.'

This sounds interesting to me. I'm curious though why you are only interested in responses from females?

HI Alan, There are a couple of reasons for the focus on females. Firstly, much of the current research available tends to focus largely on females as the percentage of females with eating disorders/unusual eating habits is greater in this population. Also, as it is a project for a Masters, we are encouraged to try not to get to ambitious with our research (in terms of the number of variables we are looking at). We only have a year, and I think this might be largely for the sake of our sanity. I am at some hoping to continue this research as part of a PhD though and incorporating males into the research would certainly be part of this. I hope that helps, and sorry you will not at present be able to take part in the research. If you would like any more information though, please feel free to contact me on my university email which is [email protected]??Thanks

• 1 month later...