Peckham Rye Fete - Feedback/Photos on FOPRP Yahoo Grp

boosboss

Posted by: She'llsurvive Yesterday, 09:32AM

maybe it's just bad luck and i wasn't looking hard enough but I wasn't aware of the fete. so my request is for more flyers/flyposting please.

Where are we missing? We had a banner at Goose Green roundabout, Peckham Rye/East Dulwich Rd Junction and Barry Road/Peckham Rye Junction. Posters were displayed in Peckham Rye Park, Dulwich Park and in shops on Lordship Lane, Forest Hill Rd, Nunhead Lane, Rye Lane, North Cross Rd and East Dulwich Rd. It was also listed on Southwark Councils website and in SE22/23 magazine. If we're not obvious enough, we'd really like to know where and how we could do better (given cost constraints :) )

Posted by: Fuschia Yesterday, 11:29AM

How about applying for an Awards for All grant? i could help if necessary.

[www.awardsforall.org.uk]

Could be used to provide more free stuff like a ferris wheel or balloon.. would probably need to emphasise "health or environmental" themes.

Noted and may take you up on that offer :)

Posted by: reds Yesterday, 09:33PM

I went along on Saturday and thought it was fantastic. Thank you to everyone involved - I can imagine it takes a lot of hard work to organise such an event. Your efforts really are appreciated.

Thank you! I'll pass your sentiments on to the fete organising committee

Thank you for all the suggestions and comments. We will be looking into and considering each of them more closely early next year.

Wish I could attend more meetings, but will try to attend more though means I lose money!

I was rather glad NOT to see the wild birds show though not sure that's ever a Fete thing, just saddens me to see tethered birds, and I don't care they're born into that life.

So don't be tempted to invite them!

How about inviting a stall from one or more of the nearest City Farms next year - like Surrey Docks City Farm for example. They sell their own organic meat now so you could have sheep back on the Rye, but ready to cook!

"Where are we missing? We had a banner at Goose Green roundabout, Peckham Rye/East Dulwich Rd Junction and Barry Road/Peckham Rye Junction. Posters were displayed in Peckham Rye Park, Dulwich Park and in shops on Lordship Lane, Forest Hill Rd, Nunhead Lane, Rye Lane, North Cross Rd and East Dulwich Rd. It was also listed on Southwark Councils website and in SE22/23 magazine. If we're not obvious enough, we'd really like to know where and how we could do better (given cost constraints )"

Not a bad effort, I guess. Maybe you could rent space on the side of a police helicopter?! Alternatively a poster or two around the grove vale shops / ED station area would have done it for me. The garden centre, blackbird bakery, rice and peas and dry cleaners all seem to be happy to oblige.

Tell me that you did this as well and I will just have to go and buy some new glasses.

Hi - I have some fab pictures. I don't want to put them all on because some people may be upset that photos of them are on the web for the world to see, and also some photos have children in them, and of course that's a minefield of danger. SO, please send me a private message if you want your photo on here, OR I could edit you out and just include your dawg(s)!

Here's what I got:

1) Best puppy, final four people and their dogs including the tan coloured one on the right and the very fluffy dark one on the left with the red rosette, and their owners. Not brilliant, but won't put it on here without someone's permission!

2) Liz and her dog, tho Liz is texting it is rather a good photo! Want that one on?!

3) The Husky Cross is attached.

4) Man with great dane and his other spaniel(?) dog, and a few other people in that photo. Let me know if you want that one on here.

5) The VERY cute pooch no idea the breed but he's attached here all on his own.

6) A VERY soppy little dog sort of dachsund long hair caught lying on his back mid twist on the end of his lead. Attached.

7) Two girls and their pink rosette winning labrador (or is a retriever?) for the waggiest tail. Won't print that one without permission! But it's lovely photo.

These are rough scans, I can take time and do a better job if anyone wants.

See? NO point in changing the dates, it could have been THIS summery weekend!

Well done Joe, and some great photos.

Shame about the spam mails that get through!

I need to go through some of mine and upload them too.

MrRose was taking loads of photos on his PinHole camera, all very arty and weird and surreal looking. Specially in the beer tent. I shall try and encourage him to upload them but there really is a different look and feel to a pinhole photograph.