Toddler UV protection

We're getting ready to go on a beach holiday with our (will be) 19 month old son & I can't decide whether to get him a one piece UV zip up or a two piece UV set. I'm also battling (& losing) in trying to get a hat to stay on his head! Fortunately he does have hair & is olive skinned, but I'm aware that he needs some protection.

Last year he wore a two piece & a hat, but because he's (very) mobile this year I'm wondering if he'll get too hot / irritated wearing a one piece (he's a fusspot). Particularly as this year it'll be impossible to keep him in the shade.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

I found these UV suits really useful with my daughter, as well as long sleeved cotton shirts that protected her skin. I am not sure it will matter too much if you get a one piece or two piece (there are usually quite a few for sale on ebay), so perhaps you could get one of each?

I would get both! And some spare swim shorts. We seem to go through many outfit changes/stripping off/wanting to put back on again etc whilst at the beach/pool....

My two quite like the jojo lycra type sun hats with the neck protection that they can wear in the water....

And sunglasses!

I think that the 2 piece set are good as if they need a nappy change its easy and you don't have to remove the whole thing if it's wet

Have you bought washable swim nappies

I bought my son this as it lasts 2 years for the price and it's UK protected, jojoba man also offer one I have seen similar in teach at a cheaper price. I hate buying things full price but the iv washes out after a while so I've heard so you need to be careful ! http://polarnopyret.co.uk/uv-kids-swim-top-quality-sun-safe-kids-rash-vest