Santa Claus - East Dulwich

LibraCarr

Hi,

I have noticed recently that someone is advertising a Santa service that will visit you and your children at home. The flyer is displayed in a number of shop windows in East Dulwich. The email/website address is 'Santa In London' with the usual ident formats. No mention is made in the flyer that they have had the required CRB checks, worrying or what.

I checked the details on this and was under the belief that this advert was from the Santa who used to be at Booteeki, Melboure Grove (as the shop in now closed) but it is not. It also appears that the above have a similar address to this Santa (his is 'Santa in England @aol.com.') You may know that he was resident at Booteeki for three years and created a following, his email replies were read (for his own safety) by a officer within the employ of the Met before being sent. His reply service was not only answered on Christmas Day but continues throughout the year.

I spoke with him last year and he said that he calls around 200 children (via the parent/guardians phone) on Christmas Eve at his own cost, and also answers all emails within four hours on Christmas Day. One child even wrote to him in the summer explaining that her Mum and Dad had parted company and could he help to get them back together.

I asked him how he managed to fit all this in and he replied that Children and Christmas are far more important than anything else. Whilst cooking The Christmas Lunch he has his computer speakers on loud so that he can instantly reply to the youngsters - that must really peave his family/guests!.

The purpose of this message is that if you have visited him at Booteeki you might think that the flyer's are advertising his services, they are not. Take a close look at the photo, it shows the 'Santa' with PVC pretend boots and a beard that is ill fitting and clearly not fool proof. I can only assume that this is a commercial enterprise cashing in on Christmas.

Given that the Booteeki Santa is traditional, real, kind, generous and not money making, you may want to persuade him to visit you prior to his busy day. You can ask, he may refuse, but you can ask.

After this posting, hopefully Santa will realise that I do need a Bentley to get me to work, I do need the month on a exotic island as a holiday, and I do need the ten million pounds a year for my basis expenses!

Regards,

Libra Carr.

Keeping Christmas Commercial Free and Traditional