Cycle path across Peckham Rye

AllforNun

thank you.....but sit down...this may hurt...are your feet in a bucket of water...i hope so....here goes......what or is not relevant to this thread does not sit at your behest.....if people are walking a diagonal line across a park then that means the masses have spoken, but no doubt as a sworn democrat and liberal that is meaningless to you x x much love

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thank you.....but sit down...this may hurt...are your feet in a bucket of water...i hope so....here goes......what or is not relevant to this thread does not sit at your behest.....if people are walking a diagonal line across a park then that means the masses have spoken, but no doubt as a sworn democrat and liberal that is meaningless to you x x much love

>

What what?

Surely the relevance is in the title. But of course you're right it's not my place to interpret your meaning.

So, what's your point? Do you want a paved footpath diagonally crossing the common that has nothing to do with a proposed cycle path?

Fortunately, although it doesn't extend to mind reading, I have enough vision to see beyond my ego, so am not particularly hurt by your putting me firmly in my place ;-)

Oh and another thing. I went to The Hisar on Lordship Lane for lunch with a few friends today. The food was great and the service excellent. I'd highly recommend it :) (I know, not relevant, but there you go :)) Peace Out!)

Sorry:-$ it seems I was the person who brought the diagonal path into the discussion. Didnt realise what I was starting. The relevance of the diagonal path was there seems to be very limited support or use for a cycle path running along the side of the park whereas there is obviously a real desire/ need for the diagonal mud path to become less weather dependant and could (as the existing mud path already is) be used by both pedestrians and cyclists. An altogether nicer experience than breathing in the fumes of the many cars that are in traffic jams along the edge of the park most mornings

Have been thinking a little bit more and actually i reckon the cycle path right up the side with all the improvements it will bring will be more than worth it. I do think someone needs to flyer or get info to the top part of Nunhead, after all that cycle path will be of most use to people living that way. It's hard when you think about building on grass land even if it is slight, but then Dulwich Park has a lot of pathways and they all work really well. The diagonal path probably needs some thought, i think it will happen anyway with the sheer numbers now walking across it.

mmmm not sure wether to try The Hisar, or wether it could be part of some elaborate ambush/kidnap/ or maybe just to try and disorientate me, that i may get lost over 'there' never to find my way back to my lovely Nunhead, with it's silver trays of Oysters, green iced frogs and the sounds of 'let em come let eme come let come' dancing gently on the cold saturday air from somewhere south of the Old Kent Road.