Burglary on Friern Road today... (7th August2014)

Sorry to report folks

Between 3.30pm and 4:30pm today 7th August nasty people have smashed through our front sash window .Large TV, SLR Camera Laptop, and some jewellery taken.Even my reading glasses!

I was home just before then went out to register birth of second daughter in Camberwell at 3.45pm and home by 4.30pm

Which is why I can be sure on the time.

Did not notice anyone watching the house.

We had window locks on the sash windows, they forced the window up and then busted it forward taking the frame out on the inside, glass did not break, they could then swing the window in and take what they wanted

To have the audacity to do it in broad daylight, we had builders working opposite making a noise so can only assume they parked a van in front to hide what they were doing , the noise of smashing in the wood window was masked by the builders, I did check with them and they did not see anything

Police came and did what they could, said another house had been done the same way up on Lordship lane, again busy road daylight no shame ....

keep em peeled folks nasty people at work

Really sorry this happened to you. There is a spate of similar burglaries in this area at the moment. A house in Upland Road was broken into in exactly the same way in the same circumstances (levered out a locked sash window mid-afternoon) and that one even had an alarm which did not seem to be a deterrent. Another house in Upland Road had patio doors smashed in and one in Friern had the front door smashed in. It is worth being observant re people in front gardens, even if they look like they are doing work there.

This is terrible.

Bad enough anyway, but how brazen, to do it in broad daylight when the homeowner or their neighbours could come back at any minute, or passers by could think something must be wrong.

I always thought that window locks would be a deterrent at least, but evidently not :(

Shame on whom doing this, sorry hear this thankyou for raising awareness.

This happened couple years ago on glengarry road knocked doors rang bells the one house whom did not answer they crowbar red doors took everything. Broad daylight.

No.one saw or knew anything was actually police door knocking to warn others double lock communal door if conversion flats as easy target if isn't.

Carbt imagine how you must be feeling right now.