Potty training help needed

Minder, I think from your posts that you have a lot of knowledge about these things so may I ask you about the below? Does it mean that somewhere between 16-26 months children start to communicate their soiled nappy and somewhere between 30-50 months (2.5-4 and a bit years) they start to toilet themselves? Thanks.

Minder "Most nurseries (and childminders) work according to the EYFS which states that at 16-26 months a child is clearly communicating that they have a soiled nappy. This is great but then the proper stuff comes in.

At 30-50 months children can toilet themselves. "

Just trying to say that yes, at 2.5 - 4 years, most children can recognise toileting needs and actually go a wee or poo by themselves, whether on a potty or toilet seat.

Girls learn potty training a lot quicker than boys in my experience.

I've thrown out a lot of rugs over the years due to keeping up with the 'pants and knickers' thing but you just have to persevere and guide your 2/3 year old to catch up with their peers, even if they're reluctant.

The EYFS is a guideline in lots of areas to help prepare children for nursery/reception/Year 1 and this includes toilet training.

I've worked in a reception class and spent a third of the day in the toilet (and another member of staff had to be present) due to changing children and it was very disruptive to the whole class really.

Sorry to hear about your troubles - a friend of mine had exactly the same issues with her son simply not wanting to go and it turned into a massive battle of wills. They had some success with target sticker in the loo (along these lines: http://www.amazon.co.uk/toilet-training-target-stickers-Happeedays/dp/B002GZAWUK) turning a wee into a game (it was still hard work).

Best of luck!