DHFC - Was this the norm?

adonirum

Went along to the FA Cup match on Saturday. I know this will irk the die-hard fans out there, but it was abject c$$p. There did not appear to be any commitment or passion from the players, and I thought the skills level was very poor. Is this sort of showing the norm for the club, or was this a particularly bad "off day"? The opponents Worthing completely out played Dulwich. I am not a football aficionado, but I see that they are a level below Dulwich. In recent years, I have only been to non-league football matches and then only the early rounds of the FA Cup at clubs who are at level five( there's something fascinating about seeing the small clubs who start the competition playing "in the local park"). These clubs seem to be no different to what I witnessed on Saturday. I must say, after a 15 year gap, I was looking forward to better. Great crowd atmosphere and participation, though. Again, is this the norm or was it just a "bad day at the office"?

I didn't see the match you're talking about, but they did lose a couple of players includinge the star man over the summer, and I think there is a feeling that a bit of rebuilding is happening. But generally I think the level of football is quite decent.

Otta Now that you've mentioned the loss of the star man, I'm thinking I heard of a player signing to a league club?

El Pibe Guess that's right - "ups and downs" - I just expected something better/different and the crowd must have been about 500, which was fantastic, as opposed to the 80 - 100 at the other grounds I attended