Favourite Buildings in ED

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've seen a few on the market, they seem cheap by

> ED standards... well, under 300k for a 3 bedroom

> flat. But then, they are miles away from any

> station.

>

> I agree that the building looks quite nice though!

Erm - there aren't any three bed flats in that building.....

The 2 houses of which our flat is part of are the original 2 in our road ( I understand) and look significantly different from all the others - I quite like them

The wooded flats and features mentioned earlier (near Barcelona and Jenny Eclair's house) seem to be getting more widespread - I notice some on the junction of Northcross and .. not Crystal Palace road - the road 2 roads up which is parallel....

Those modernist glass & wood (painted black) houses behind Dulwich Park that look a bit Bauhaus-y. My dream is to live in one of those!

Jenny Eclair's house is lovely too but is that her gold Rolls Royce that's always parked outside? How gaudy!

Blimey, a flat-pack for over a million! Still, they are fantastic.

That converted church in Northcross Road is probably nice as well - anyone been inside? And there's that cool-looking flat overlooking Peckham Rye which is a bit like the Oval cricket ground - probably SE15(?) I could go on...

Alas our 2-bed Victorian flat will have to do for the time being. One day perhaps...

Kathryn

Though it pains me to admit it, it was a Sainsbury commercial with Jamie Oliver MBE, we filmed upstairs in the main apartment, all very modern but with lots of exposed features of the old school, it was meant to be Jamie's pukka flat.

It's a really nice conversion, loads of natural light and the owners (this was about 3 years back) were very easy going, I think we may have pissed off some of the neighbours though, the unit was rather large and included a modest winnie for Mr Oliver.

Dear all

Thanks for all the examples - i was forgetting about the converted skool in Northcross - now that is rather des. Two more i like are the property at the bottom of landells road near the corner with underhill road (near CPT). Used to be the officers of an estate agent i think but is a smart living space - and the similar one at the end of either Bawdale, Hansler or Shawbury (I forget which) close to Lordship Lane. Look out for them on your travels.

Citizen