New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

We seem to have two new veggie (sorry, "plant based") restaurants almost next door to each other in Peckham Rye. "Omni" at the old "2 girls" site, and "En Root" at the old "One and All" site.

And on the same stretch, at the old Pedlar site, "Good Neighbour". Which seems kind of similar to its predecessor.

Does anyone know what happened to Fabulous Ice Fires? Has it completely closed down now (sorry if this happened ages ago)? I used to go after visiting the leisure centre, but with covid that whole routine changed....

cordsm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know what happened to Fabulous Ice

> Fires? Has it completely closed down now (sorry if

> this happened ages ago)? I used to go after

> visiting the leisure centre, but with covid that

> whole routine changed....

It was open last week. What makes you think it's closed?

Some of the best ice cream around. In fact, I can't think of anywhere better.

Oh that's great news - I'll wander down that way for a visit. I drove past it several times in the middle of the day & it was always closed, which is why I thought it might have shut down.

Opens from midday - something I discovered when I popped down to Evans Cycles on a hot day last week and thinking that an ice cream on the green would be lovely while I was out and about. Sadly, it was only 10.30am...

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of places near East Dulwich station that opened quite recently. They need our support :)

- Ciao at grove cafe: opened a few months ago as an Italian cafe/restaurant. The place doesn?t look very different to previous cafe but it?s changed hands recently. The food is excellent and they?ve started doing evening meals too. Fresh pasta, homemade pizza, great produce, lovely owners. Fabio and Lewis are brilliant people.

- Marvellous Greens and Beans: excellent produce, also lovely owners and they deliver fruit/veg boxes too.

northernmonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the one by the station

Callow?s are now in their new premises even closer to ED station.

Think they moved in this week.

25 Grove Vale