New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Semas and Sea Master are both pretty good imo and reasonably close to the Library end of ED.

If I want a coffee it's rise and bloom or all the way in to the D park cafe though. To me it's bizarre so many coffee places at the Goose Green end.

Puff Pizza on Choumert Road, gone in a puff?

F0622261-E93-E-4008-B13-D-283133-C971-EA.jpg

That’s a pity for those who worked there.

Please don’t gentrify my area - because ugly scrawling on shutters always helps bring in jobs and investment… Southwark really needs to blitz-clean all the sullied shop fronts and make landlords accountable for the mess they can leave behind when they and their tenants shut up shop for the day.

That’s a pity for those who worked there.

Please don’t gentrify my area - because ugly scrawling on shutters always helps bring in jobs and investment… Southwark really needs to blitz-clean all the sullied shop fronts and make landlords accountable for the mess they can leave behind when they and their tenants shut up shop for the day.

Agreed! Bizarre graffiti anyway, because a fast food place selling fried pizza seems an odd cause for anyone’s outrage!

Incidentally 081 Pizza have just this weekend opened a restaurant at 66 Rye Lane. They started off with a hatch in the Bussey Building, and now also have two concessions north of the river. Very good going for the short time they’ve been in business!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpDbblQoqkb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There was a really good Afghan takeaway and restaurant at 215-217 Rye Lane called Taste of Afghan. Walking past it recently I was worried it had closed down. But asking around I gather they are soon reopening just in 217 Rye Lane. Looks like a new bar is opening at 215, called “The Lane”.

Believe this is a branch of (or from the same people as) Black Salt in West London, which got a great review from Jay Rayner in the Observer last year:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/jun/05/back-salt-london-a-thrilling-take-on-familiar-dishes

Does anyone know what is going into that space on East Dulwich Road right next to the Goose Green playground? They are kitting it out and it's looking nice.

It used to be Aneto then a short-lived Brougham (sp?) after that...

The builders working there said it is going to be a bar and restaurant serving Indian food.

Hubby went to get fish and chips from Joseph's last Friday. Long queues outside - was told by someone in queue , that orders were taking an hour to process. Hubby went across road to Chinese instead. Will try again earlier in the week.

We usually drive down to Emily's in North Cross Road. Ahmed is very popular and has reasonable prices- good to chat and catch up with his family news whilst waiting for our order to cook.

• 2 weeks later...

The old plantshop next to william rose . Is going to be a charity shop

Which charity? I really miss Pearspring 😢

The Nunhead Gardener has a great shop within the new Elephant complex. I think it's larger than the Camberwell one.

The old plantshop next to william rose . Is going to be a charity shop

Which charity? I really miss Pearspring 😢

The Nunhead Gardener has a great shop within the new Elephant complex. I think it's larger than the Camberwell one.

Ah, that's a shame. A lot of charity shops already. I also miss Pearspring. Sorry it closed.

not a new shop opening but an established one closing.

I noticed that Luca's on Northcross road is closing down

there goes another independent trader.

Sad

Is it really? It always seems busy. That's incredibly sad, I love Luca's and they also bake amazing bread.

not a new shop opening but an established one closing.

I noticed that Luca's on Northcross road is closing down

there goes another independent trader.

Sad

Is it really? It always seems busy. That's incredibly sad, I love Luca's and they also bake amazing bread.

Yes I agree, it always seems busy and their food is great.

There's a sign in the window saying they're selling stuff off.

I guess its another victim of the rise in energy costs/produce/etc etc.