Southwark Council proposals for LL/NthX Rd junction

maxxi

Sadly, yet another proposal for nugatory works by the Council and their favoured contractors, Conway.

Yet another proposal without any cost information, time scale or impact study e.g. traffic disruption..

When will this Council stop wasting taxpayer's money? Maybe when they stop benefiting from Conway hospitality???

Are they putting this work out to open tender.Don't bank on it.

It's bonkers. The main road through ED should not be narrowed, this will lead to more congestion and pollution at busy times- for instance imagine an Iceland/M&s juggernaut one side and a bus the other.

Don't accept entrance to Nx looks a mess. Don't see how placing a load of bike racks and widening the pavement will turn an alleged 'mess' into a thing of beauty.

At the only time of the week the entrance is busy the whole of that part of the road is closed off and pedestrianised. For the rest of the week it is not especially busy.

Placing a whole load of bike racks in one area will add to congestion of pavement. It would make more sense to spread them along LL.

I would like more bike parking but also most of the roads that have a junction onto Lordship Lane need looking at because you can park so near to a T-junction it is impossible to see to pull out. One has to be halfway across the road to see round parked cars, especially on busy, 'fast' parts of Lordship Lane up by Heber and Pellat road. Agree NorthCross road doesn't look messy.

Hi firstmate,

You are wrong. The kerb buildouts will align with the parked cars. So effectively no narrowing of Lordshiop Lane but instead of dead tarmac cars can't use it will be replaced with pavement space that pedestrians can use.

I agree the cycle parking is excessive. I think officers are proposing this to block people crossing away from the pelican crossing. Please give that feedback to the consultation as I have done.

Hi LKR,

At least we'll resolve this junction now.

Hi Charles Notive,

Yes bicycles are rarely good to look at. But the cycel parknig is designed to avoid fly cycle parking which looks even worse and can onstruct people walking etc easilly.