Motorbike security

Luker2100

Hi Guys,

I, like many others in ED, am a keen motorcyclist but am coming more and more concerned about theft in the area. Unfortunately I can't get my bike into my front garden as the gate is too tight and if a car is parked in front I wont be able to turn it in.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting a bay put on the road or sinking any anchors into the public highway. I know you would obviously need the council to OK this, has anyone tried?

Cheers!

Depending on which side of the postal code you're on there was a Nunhead and Peckham Rye Community Council meeting last night where the Highways team attended and would have been a good point at which to raise this issue. I have asked for more bike parks in the past. The one down the top end of Peckham Rye park near opposite the little Sainsburys by the bus stop at Heaton Road, does not have a signpost to 'back up' the motorcycle bay white writing on the road, and the Traffic Wardens are not allowed to ticket the cars who park in that bike bay. Also, there are bike bays around and a pizza delivery place opens up nearby and uses that public bike parking bay as a bay for their own commercial vehicles, ie pizza delivery bikes. I have raised these issues before. Good luck to you asking for a new one. I definitely think there should be more around the borough. I am lucky I can afford a garage but not everyone can. As for sinking anchors in the public highway, (like in Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and other boroughs) good luck with that. The best is the one at the North Cross Road which has a rail you can attach chains and Dlocks too, but as that road closes Saturday, so does access to the bike park! But if you don't ask you don't get ignored. Do try asking and best wishes.