buses? (are they running today)

484 and 37 seemed fine. 63, 363 and 12's were all terminating at peckam rye - the driver said that the roads up in forrest hill and c.palace are still too bad and the 12 is apparently unable to go up slopes in adverse weather becuase of it being a bendy bus. Hopefully shud all be back to normal tomorrow tho, fingers crossed!

The 12 terminates at the top of Barry Road and there are no significant hills or slopes between Peckham Rye and there.

Pissed off this AM in Barry Road, no 12s or 197s running up there, and yes I checked the TFL site to see if they were diverted - nada.

The 363s were running down there but were not stopping, presumably because they were on diversion, at last one driver who presumably had kept a little of the sense he was born with, kindly stopped and picked us up, got to Peckham and it was not too bad after that.

Just miffed (and that's all) about the web site not giving proper info.

I shall be firing off a stinging rebuke to them when I return to my garrett.

your choices from E&C are pretty good Strawbs

63,12 to go past the end of ED Road

176,40 to go via LL

the bad news is that E&C is an almighty mess to walk around, the bus stops are spread about all over the place and it's usually a scrum

If you go to LB, the 40 stops right outside teh station at the south end of the bridge. so does a 35 which I get to camberwell and change if I'm impatient

Unless it's a lot easier to get to E&C from where you are , I would go to LB

63/363 stops at the stop just outside that Tube exit at E&C. You can 'hover' around the traffic lights midway between the two stops and then head for whichever bus comes first. It's the War Museum exit as opposed to the Shopping Centre one since on the Bakerloo line the exits from the platform are right next to each other. Since the 363 starts at E&C, you should be able to get a seat on it too.

I feel it to be my turn to report on my journey to work yesterday...

Having been prepared for a long wait I arrived at a bus stop on Lordship Lane, along with many other people many of whom I assumed were not the usual bussing crowd. I waited over an hour for any bus that would get me near to the river, in that time plenty of 185s (I know I was shocked too!), 176s and P13s came... and went... completely full up. I think I counted a total of 21 buses in this time (yes bored as I was). I was lead to believe that the 40s were running but no sign of them (assumed they were starting from somewhere else but would have been nice to have had them from the plough to ease the queues all along the way)

What a nice lady who kept circulating through the crowd offering hot coffee and lattes and to the nice friendly bunch who kept me amused with comments about the recycling people managing to do a collection on a day like it was when they cant do it on normal days... Having resigned myself to the thought this was a ridiculous hope that I would get anywhere I decided to find an alternative route and made my way up to Barry Road. Risking me neck... I exaggerate not!

From there I thought if I could get any bus to Peckham I'd be sorted. Strange enough (as mentioned in other posts) no 12s were running from that part but the 363 was on a nice diversion and picked us us. And onwards to Peckham I went getting quite close with the other passengers on a busy bus (something I'd rather like to forget).

Arriving in Peckham I risked me life trying to steadily make my way through the wonderfully neglected pavements on the main road avoiding slipping and sliding like those around me making way to a bus stop. It was a long and painful activity! After a bit of a wait (nothing in comparison to my earlier cold and wet wait. Picked up a 12 and slowly got over to Westminster going through Camberwell where again I saw plenty of 185s and 176s. Almost at my intended destination when I received a call from my office saying that if I was really having trouble getting in then I may as well go home... haha not a chance after all this! And so, I arrived at my destination with only a 10 minute walk, in normal circumstances, in front of me. 10 minutes? 10 minutes! More like half an hour - how nice of Westminster to clear the walk ways. After battling past parliament and side streets I slid my way up the path and into work. Total travel time... 3 hours :))

Boss decided, after my regular updates of my journey, that it would probably be advisable to close the office early so that we would all get home at a reasonable time. Caught the 12 back within minutes of arriving at the stop, arrived in Camberwell 20mins later and jumped on a 176 very quickly... got home in 45 mins in total (better than most days!).

Have to say in all my journeying not once did I see a 40... I am sure they existed but well... u know...

BUSES

ALL LONDON BUS SERVICES: Services will be operating on all routes except where road conditions are still dangerous, please see further information for details of services which are not operating or are modified.

Route 12: Diverted via East Dulwich Road, Lordship Lane, Barry Road towards Dulwich Library only.

Route 37 Diverted between Goose Green and Herne Hill Station via Champion Hill and Denmark Hill

Route 40: No service between East Dulwich and Dulwich Library

Route 60: No service south of Purley

Route 63 No service between Peckham Rye and Honor Oak Park

Route 64: Curtailed at Parkway (Croydon)

Route 80 No service between Green Wrythe Lane and Hackbridge Reynolds Close.

Route 85: Not serving Alton Road, Putney. Buses are diverted via Roehampton Road and Roehampton Vale.

Route 93 No service between North Cheam (Queen Victoria) and Priory Road.

Route 147 Not serving Dersingham Road southbound, operates via Romford Road and High Street North

Route 166: Not serving Woodmansterne or Banstead.

Route 230 No service between Whipps Cross and Upper Walthamstow.

Route 250: Not serving Green Lane and Parchmore Road. Buses are being diverted via London Road.

Route 277: No service between Billingsgate and Leamouth

Route 283: Diverted northbound between Shepherds Bush Green and White City via Wood Lane, not serving South Africa Road loop. Buses not serving Queen Elizabeth Walk SW13. Terminating at Barnes Pond instead of Wetlands Centre

Route 359 No service

Route 363 Not serving Wood Vale, buses operate via Barry Road and London Road

Route 382 Not serving Palmers Road, Ladderswood Way, New Southgate Station. Operates via Bowes Road.

Route 397 Not serving Chingford Avenue.

Route 424 No service between Lillie Road and Craven Cottage

Route 463: Not serving St Andrews Road and Grove Road.

Route 466 No service between Purley and Caterham-on-the-Hill

Route 469 Not serving Sewell Road, diverted via Basildon Road and Eynsham Drive

Route 470 Diverted between Cheam Village Broadway and Sutton Station

Route 484 No service between Brockley (Frendsbury Road) and Lewisham

Route 486: Diverted via Woolwich Road, Westcombe Hill and Charlton Road.

Route H1: No service.

Route H3: No service.

Route K3 Not serving Common Road, The Causeway

Route K4: Curtailed at Bridge Road roundabout, Chessington. Not serving Stormont Way, Hereford Way, Ripon Gardens

Route R2: Not serving Melody Road and Kings Road, buses turn at the route 320 stand.

Route S1 No service between Chiltern Road and Banstead

Route S4 No service between Whitby Road and St Helier Station.

T33: Not serving Forestdale.

The 63 is now running up to the top of Forest Hill Road and turning round for the return journey to Kings Cross as per usual route and the 363 is also running up Forest Hill Road, turning into Wood Vale and proceeding onto Crystal Palace.