Adventure Bar

hillside

I got asked to remove my hat (wool beenie thing where you can still see your entire face) by the bouncer the other day going into the Bishop on a freezing night. To add insult to injury they point blank refused to put the rear heaters on despite it being bloody cold outside and them having an excellent heater setup. What's the point having it???? The place was rammed, its not like you weren't making enough money to keep those who'd rather sit outside to drink and smoke warm - if anything we're likely to stay longer and drink more. *** RAGE ***

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The trouble with relying merely on the "security"

> argument, rather than citing the bad

> manners/looking a pillock argument too, is that

> only by including the latter can you deal with the

> twonks wearing baseball caps back to front....:))

Mr Simon what are "twonks"? And who are you to say (from a cool point of view) what people should or shouldn?t wear. I agree with Mr Huguenot about the importance of people taking responsibility.

The bar does have the right to ban hoods for security reasons. Mr Simon I think baseball caps/hoods etc look silly too but you do not have the right to ?deal? with it. Whay do you care so much? Are you really cool? If so post a picture and we can all vote.

Mr Hillside why was your pal wearing a hood up? Are you in your twenties? Do you genuinely like hiphop? Also I think you should post a picture. You and your pal may actually look like utter knobs and its better to hear it now from EDF friends than from your kids when they are older.

Also ?two fairly respectable looking Dads? were your children with you? If not why mention that you were dads. Did you tell the barman? Did he care?

Mr seanmlow you are correct it is awful!

Meh. Who cares about people?s fashion sense that?s up to them? Just have some self respect and proper manners and don?t wear hats indoors.

And while you?re at it stop pushing in front of ladies to get on the bus, learn how to use the contents of your toolbox and for God?s sake stop wearing pink!

>>Mr Simon what are "twonks"?> And who are you to say (from a cool point of view) what people should or shouldn?t wear.>Mr Simon I think baseball caps/hoods etc look silly too but you do not have the right to ?deal? with it. What do you care so much? Are you really cool?> If so post a picture and we can all vote<,

Oh come on just how uncool would that be?! trust me the world is not yet ready...

Blimey. Objecting to him having it up I can understand but just wearing a hoodie. A bit above themselves methinks.

Thanks though hillside. I now know for the next time people insist that we go to that stupid bar, I will just wear a hoodie without a t-shirt under it. I will then be refused entry and we can go somewhere decent.

• 2 weeks later...
If (i) they made great cocktails or (ii) it had atmosphere then it would have a purpose. The barman admitted to me that they "don't proclaim to make the best cocktails in London" but rather want to create "a fun place with fun drinks and fun tunes". Think Tenerife Uncovered. But in East Dulwich.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't worry Lenk, I did, swiftly...

There's definitely a market for a 'clubby bar' around here though, not to my taste really but if you're not into 'proper boozers' then I guess it serves a purpose.

I've cycled past another Adventure Bar in somewhere like Battersea, I guess it's a small chain.

Those less classy than the rest of ED need somewhere to go... No not serious about the class bit. Wish they wouldn't leave the drunken young girls at the bus stop throwing up though (as seen on one too many saturday nights when returning home from further afield)