Trains from East Dulwich; reliable?

def

mikese22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surely even with a 'moderate' delay it's quicker

> by train?

Of course it is quicker. I am just wondering if it is always like this as nearly every day this week there has been delays. Ruffers, I got to the platform at around 08:02 on Wednesday, I think, and the next train was due at 08:18. I am taking the train from Peckham Rye so it is very packed when it arrives. With the amount of time spent waiting and the travel cost being more than double the bus is it worth chancing the traffic to take the bus instead?

Good question, and horses for courses I guess. I know with the train even if it's late I should still be within 10-15 minutes or so of my expected time of arrival at work, bus it seems to me has a much wider window if the traffic's bad.

If I'm late I have a room full of people who have travelled from over the UK and Europe waiting for me to train them so being late is a real problem for me. If I worked more independently and could make time up then I might use the bus.

Good question, and horses for courses I guess. I know with the train even if it's late I should still be within 10-15 minutes or so of my expected time of arrival at work, bus it seems to me has a much wider window if the traffic's bad.

If I'm late I have a room full of people who have travelled from over the UK and Europe waiting for me to train them so being late is a real problem for me. If I worked more independently and could make time up then I might use the bus.