Where can I donate unwanted furniture?

treehugger

British heart foundation will collect furniture to sell in their shops (though my experience of a non local branch when clearing my late parents' house was not great at all. They twice failed to come on the agreed day. Brixton branch in Acre Lane, might be better though). Emmaus in west Norwood used to collect and may still do so.

Lee Oasis (leeoasis.org.uk) in Lewisham is great. They give stuff away to people with referrals e.g. when clients moving out of a hostel/ refuge into their own accommodation/ from health professionals etc. They alos have a baby project and give away high chairs, stair gates etc. Not sure if they collect from Southwark though?

You could donate one of the single beds to me! I have recently split from my partner, we have a 4 year old daughter together. I have a flat in Peckham , but no bed for my daughter. My ex has stated that unless I have a bed for her she cannot stay. Money is very tight at the minute, and I would gladly donate the bed to charity once I am back on my feet and can afford a new one. Please help!

The Southwark Day Centre for Asylum seekers in the Copleston Centre, Copleston Road SE15 has a very good programme for asylum sekers so they could probably take them or point you in the right direction for someone locally. Their number is 020 7732 0505