Mad van driver by ED station.

OP, that sounds terrifying, I hope you're ok.

I have noticed within the last month an increase in crazy driving recently. Twice I have been tooted at by drivers behind me for not going on a roundabout when the exit wasn't clear (I am not going to block up the roundabout for others) and I have also been tooted at for not going at a pedestrian crossing when the lights had gone from red to amber - the reason I wasn't driving off was because there were still some slow pedestrians crossing, and obviously I wasn't going to run them over. I have also been tooted at for not jumping an amber light (again because the exit wasn't clear so I would have ended up stuck in the middle of the junction). This particular driver then overtook me at the next available slot, when I was slowing down because the bus ahead of me was slowing too, then he cut me up and nearly went into a cyclist coming the other way. It is very frustrating to be made to feel like your driving isn't good enough/quick enough when actually you're just being safe! I am by no means a slow driver who toddles along at 20 in a 30 either.

I agree with one poster that tests should be taken regularly, cars and road layouts have changed a lot since I passed 10 years ago - I reckon people over 50 should be made to take a test every 5 years too!

bloonoo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with one poster that tests should be taken

> regularly, cars and road layouts have changed a

> lot since I passed 10 years ago - I reckon people

> over 50 should be made to take a test every 5

> years too!

On the contrary ? if it's safe driving you're worried about, the test should be once a year for those under 25 :-)

I've also noticed a lot of road madness over the last couple of weeks, though the one described in this thread really is a league apart in terms of unpleasantness, and very scary to be caught up in. The only thing I can think of to explain this apparent upsurge is the time of year - winter is in full swing, lots of people are skint after Xmas, and of course January is the time that the HMRC hits you - a heady cocktail to set off the rattlers.