Peppa Pig World

Has anyone ever done either a day trip or a one night stay near Peppa Pig world? Im thinking of taking my daughter for her second birthday at the end of March. If so, do you have any tips? Id be particularly keen to hear of nearby hotels which you might recommend. Thanks!

We went last Aug with our then 3.9yr & 9mth old & did the overnight stay & 2nd day free. Found it really useful as meant there was no stress to get down there early on the first day & we actually left in time to check into the hotel/get early dinner as it had been so exciting for the kids!

We stayed at Bartley Lodge which had been recommended by a friend, and was ok - big selling point was that it was less than 3 miles away from the park.

Being August, PPW was packed, but getting there in time for opening meant we got the quieter end of it, but for most of the day 3/4hr queues were typical -there was lots to look at/other kids queuing to play with which would help the time pass & I'd take our youngest into the soft play while hubbie & daughter went on the rides.

However, it's worth looking on the Paultons website to check what other rides your children can go on, as there were lots more rides our daughter could go on with us within a few mins of PPW with no queues, plus really nice gardens to walk round.

The food was fairly standard theme park fayre, but the big restaurant as you come into the park was really well designed/organised for families to use & gave the impression that the park owners were reinvesting money brought in by PPW to improve facilities which was nice to see.

On our 2nd day, we stayed till closing and grabbed dinner in the pub at the entrance to the park so that we could get the kids into their pj's & leave for the journey home at bedtime & miss the worst of the traffic - kids were both asleep within 15mins 😊 we're definitely thinking about going again this year.

I went for my twins third birthday 18 months ago. My three kids loved it... Personally I felt in need of holiday afterwards!

As described there can be long cues so be careful of school holiday dates. If at all possible avoid the holidays. The cues for the favourite rides can be very popular... And have snacks/entertainment for the cues.

It is a long trip for one day as it is over 2 hours drive each way.

The rest of paultons park is much quieter with animals and some rides with no cues.

My kids still talk fondly of their trip though!

It's ace. You will find most people go early and leave early. Just before closing we managed to go on rides with no queues at all, which earlier in the day we had had to wait an hour for.

As buggie mentions if you buy a package from the official website you get entry for the second day free which was tempting but in the end we decided we only wanted one day at pp world so booked hotel separately. We stayed in Southampton, but if I did it again I'd stay in Winchester, and hang around on the second day for a nice Sunday roast somewhere and a wander around the cathedral / markets, and be a little bit closer to London for a shorter drive home.

We have been a couple of times, the kids love it.

We ensured we went during term time and did the one night two day stay. We stayed in Botley, near Southampton in the mcdonalds Botley Park hotel. Has indoor pool etc which again was great for the kids.

They were very good with the kids and did a PP check in and menu. We meanwhile enjoyed the restaurant there.

I chose that hotel as I went to Uni in Southampton so knew it was good. I stayed there

Few times before on corporate training days etc.