Dropping off at Herne Hill School

Hello,

Our son is starting at Herne Hill School this year. We'll be coming over from East Dulwich each morning and we're a bit worried about the lack of parking. How do other parents do it? Is there somewhere you can park for 5 minutes while you're dropping them off or is public transport the best method?

Many thanks!

inthewoods Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The majority of streets around Herne Hill have

> only restriction between 12 and 2 so drop off and

> pick up can be done easily by car.

As a resident on one of the nearby streets, I think "easily" might be on overstatement. The traffic at school drop off is horrendous, parking is very limited at that time in the morning, and there are lots of commuters and other school children walking along the main road and side roads at that time in the morning, making driving around the local area quite challenging. CPZ consulations are also in progress in the area in a number of roads to change the current setup. I wouldn't want to try to park there every morning, I'd find it quite stressful. But I hate drivning, so maybe it is just me...

Herne Hill does stagger it's times, as the school does not have a catchment area not all parents can walk, however, there is usually somewhere to park, it only takes 5 mins to drop of and then the roads are clear again by 9.10am.