Abandoned van on Dunstans Road ?

• 3 weeks later...

Painful.

The van is MoT'd and taxed until next year. It isn't considered a danger to others. The parking bay it is parked in the parking restriction sign has been removed. So it can;t be ticketed.

A new parking restrictions sign/plate will shortly be installed and it will start collecting tickets.

Despite the van being covered in graffiti little the council can do apart from give it tickets and eventually remove. Clearly someone has removed the parking restrictions sign delaying this taking place. Fortunately the soon expected parking tickets will quickly more than cover the cost to council tax payers. Phew!

Have I got this right?

1] A van is parked legally.

2] A handful of residents and a local politician don't like this.

3] The local politician arranges for a sign to be put up to make the van now parked illegally.

4] No provision has been made to inform the van owner of the change of status.

5] Local politician is gleeful about penalties the van owner will now receive.

John K

lrhaf

hi edhistory,

1. No. While the plate with parking restrictions isn't present they're parking LEGALLY.

2. Correct. it is covered in grasffiti and appears abandoned. We know from the broken windows theory that this will be increasing the risk of anti social and cirminal behaviour.

3. No. local politican arranges for the missing sign - that someone has illegally removed - to be replaced.

4. No. I'm hoping the owner will move their van so it will be parking legally which is I why I've advertised the fact. Officers have said that although it may not be road worthy it isn't a danger to others.

We have a local problem of graffiti on vans. It has nearly put two small local businesses that Im directly aware of out of business.

Boy, John, have you got out of bed the wrong sidfe today ;o)

edhistory

1) A van is parked legally

James Barber

1) No. While the plate with parking restrictions isn't present they're parking LEGALLY

Therefore, someone makes a statement or viewpoint. Local politician (any politician) replies by contradicting that viewpoint but actually agrees with it but "shouts" to get his point across because, as we all know, politicians always know best and never listen properly because they're so wrapped up with themselves.

** sits back and awaits reply from local politician stating my overview is wrong **