anyones child starting reception at St francesca cabrini in sept?

Hi

my son starts reception at St Francesca Cabrini this Sept. Is anyone else starting there this year? All his friends seem to be going to different schools and I m a bit worried he will feel left out. He is quite a friendly child but recently doesn't seem to be looking forward to 'big school'

I was thinking i could arrange some play dates in the summer if anyone lives local to us.

thanks

milly

Hello Milly

I had the same worry when my son started in the school two years ago, but found he settled quickly and it was a lovely class environment. We also didn't have any luck meeting up with people from his prospective class beforehand but I hope you do! There didn't seem to be a lot of Cabrini parents who are this website.

My son will be going into year two in September, so perhaps no good for a playdate (although I'd be happy to meet if you like) and his brother is going into nursery, we hope. (We haven't heard for sure.) Another mum was trying to pair up my youngest with a boy starting in reception though - if that wasn't your son, then I could try to hook you up with them?!

Anna

Thank you for replying Anna. We received a letter inviting us to a parents evening and a another to meet his teacher etc in the next few weeks so I m waiting to see how he gets on with that.

It would be lovely to meet the mum you mentioned (if she is willing).its nice to hear tht your kid is going well in school. I think i m more nervous than my son is!

thanks

milly

Hello,

Just to say my son is in year 2 at Cabrini, he didn't know anyone before he started at the school but settled in well. And I made new friends too :-)! I hope all goes well, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Hi Milly, I have a friend whose son starts reception at Cabrini in September - he is already in the nursery there and has a few pals starting, so it could be a great way to network yourself in! Her little boy is lovely and they sound like a nice group of kids starting. I also have a neighbour whose daughter starts in September (she is also currently in the nursery there). I'll have a word and am sure one of them will be in touch. They are lovely classes with great teachers - my daughter is in the current reception and loves it. She is however badgering me for a pet rabbit because she's so obsessed with the school rabbits. They also have a huge allotment and lawned area where the whole school had a picnic on Friday - maybe that might help with the big school 'sell in'!

Thank you everyone for replying .

JAJ

I m glad to hear good things about the school. Rabbits!! I saw the hens on my visit there.the girls who showed me around were so happy and proud of the school,I got caught up in their enthusiasm! I m feeling a lot more positive now..

thanks

milly

Good luck with it all, I'm sure he'll be fine. My son is in year 2 and he didn't know anyone when he started. It took him a few weeks to feel comfortable but he's since loved every minute of it - I do though think it really helps if they have a familiar face when they start. He's never once said school was just 'okay' or 'boring' (and neither has my daughter), although there's plenty of time for that - I'm enjoying it while it lasts!