Stolen (mugging) handbag - Goodrich Road

EstherDR

Hello all

I was mugged last night (7 July 2015) around 11pm in Goodrich Road (the part between Barry Rd and Crystal Palace Rd) by three black men, I would guess in their early twenties. They suddenly came out of nowhere (they may have followed me off the 12 bus), ganged up on me, punched me and took my bag. They were wearing dark clothes (jeans, trainers, dark jackets/hoodies - edit to add: one of them had a grey and yellow scarf/bandana tied around the lower half of his face) and ran off down Crystal Palace Rd towards Pekcham.

They took a blue Marc Jacobs handbag which contained a long brown leather wallet, an iPhone 5, a Kindle, my housekeys, Chanel sunglasses and my passport.

If you'd happen to find any of these things discarded somewhere, I'd be very grateful if you could let me or the police know. Equally, if you've seen something, please let the police know!

Thank you so much in advance.

Best wishes,

Esther

Thanks Glitteryfridays, kind of you to ask! I'm fine, I have some bruising but nothing that won't heal.

The most annoying bit is that I'll probaby never feel entirely comfortable again being out on the street by myself after dark. I resent that loss of freedom.

Hi Esther,

This is terrible news and I hope you will be ok. Really sorry to hear this happen to you. I live just off Barry Road and have just moved here recently with my sister. I would hate to hear this to happen again to anyone or my sister. I work mostly nights in South Kensington and get home just after midnight. I usually catch the 12 from Camberwell Green after catching the 36/436 from Vauxhall. Should you need to get home after midnight and feel unsafe, please message me so we can arrange to meet at Camberwell or elsewhere and I can accompany you home. I hope you find the strength again to feel safe in your neighbourhood.

Kind Regards,

Gerry

Thank you Gerry, that is such a thoughtful offer. I should be ok, my boyfriend is also available to accompany me if needed.

I should mention as well that the police said this was rather exceptional for this area and they rarely get these kinds of calls for our neighbourhood. So just an unfortunate incident but thankfully no reason for anyone to feel too concerned or scared.

And the police called today to say my handbag has been found! From their description it sounds like everything is still there, except for my phone and kindle. So just the electronics they were after ...