Lady who nearly knocked door down last night

You woke my whole household claiming your iPhone was at my address according to your iPhone tracker, which as I told you was not inside my property and advised to look around outside ,hope you found it and as I advised last night call police befor you come knocking on my door telling me you can't beat technology and your phone was in my home.if I found a phone I would hand it in to a police station,hope you have reported lost phone ,so it's blocked and useless to anyone .

My son lost his Iphone And the tracker showed it was the best part of 1/4 mile away at a playing field. It turn up a day later down the back of our sofa so wouldn't read to much into the trackers.

I was shopping en route to some elderly relatives and found someones phone in Morrisons car park. I decided to do the right thing and walk over to Peckham Police Station to hand it in. I stuck a note to the post nearby to say what I had done should the owner return looking for it. There was a long queue to be seen, I waited for over half an hour in the company of rowdy people I would rather not have been around. When I did get into the secure area, the desk officer tried for ages to unlock the phone to see if they could find a number to ring to find the owner, they couldn't unlock it, so I then had to fill in the "found" form. Got back to my car and defrosted food ..... I WOULD THINK TWICE IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

I've found phones on two occasions and have been able to find a number on there saying 'home', or 'sister' etc and been able to return the phones to grateful owners. But I can also understand why people pin protect their phones too. Surely if the IME number is registered the police can trace the owner.

Must be quite upsetting to have someone demanding their phone back when you don't have it. Gloves1980 seems insistent despite it being quite obvious that phone trackers are not that accurate.

Also, not that it matters for this thread, but Gloves1980 seems to sign off both Janet or James in different threads.