Secure but stylish front door??

Piaf

Excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section but I wanted to pick on the collective brains/experience of the Family Room ...

We are finally going to replace our old and flimsy (and ugly) front door. We want a Victorian / Edwardian style with two glazed panels but for it to be solid and secure. We had Banham come round and quote but I nearly fell off my chair at the cost... Have tried to do some googling but none of the firms give prices online

So, am I just being unrealistic or is this what it costs to get a front door which looks good but is also secure? Has anyone else replaced their door and have recommendations or sage advice??

thanks

Try Selectadoor in Penge. They don't have a website so it's best to go in and speak to them directly and look at all their door samples. I purchased a standard size Victorian four-panel, half-glazed (sandblasted toughened glass) door and matching fanlight with all locks and hardware, and it cost me somewhere around ?750 including fitting. I was able to use the existing door frame so that saved me quite a bit. The door is solid wood, although I don't recall if it's hardwood or not.

And, if you decided you'd prefer to spend ?8k+, the London Door Company is just down the road so you can pop in to see them as well :-)