"Normal behaviour" for a child

Very funny. I thought landsbergers post was incredibly harsh on the OPs sis and on an 8 year old child and hoped she?d misread the OP. I didn?t initially respond because really, defending someone else?s sister and nephew online felt like none of my business! However, sometimes online I feel like people forget that they are talking to and about real people?

But the nephew only ate the ears...assuming a normal rabbit shape, that means he only ate..what, little more than a fifth or a quarter of the chocolate available...so, I think that shows considerable self-control in my book and potentially also awareness of doing something a bit wrong, but not horrendously so as he left the majority of the chocolate for the rightful owner..! That or, the oldish chocolate didnt taste good anymore (unlikely)!! ;-)

Hi

I think it's more a question of why did he feel the need to hide away to eat it? Why didn't he feel confident enough to ask for some when he came across it. I have a niece who used to do that sort of thing when she was a lot younger and it turned out that she wasn't allowed sweets a lot of the time or was promised some that never materialised so whenever she saw an opportunity she just took it and used to hide to do it so they weren't taken away.

I think its important that he understood it wasn't the right thing to do as it wasn't his to do it with but at the end of the day he is still a child and thats the kind of thing they do, its part of the learning process of whats right and wrong...

Landsberger - I have a son who behaves like the child you describe. (Maybe I am your next but one neighbour? Though I do regularly tell my son off!). We are going through hell dealing with him, the school and psychologists are involved. Maybe your neighbour isn't telling you the whole story. Maybe you should cut her (and her child) some slack.

Sorry, off topic.

Errrm not nice for the little lad have had his choclate eaten.

But the nephew must have been eating that choclate so quietly in the dark.

He wanted to ask but I bet he thought the answer would be NO!

My cousin did exactly the same thing but he was a greedy git and only left the ears and then hid them in the hot airing cupboard.

Some children are a little more naughtier than others.

Goodbtalking to one to one prick his little conscious.