re: Pointing brickwork recommendation

Chiara

A few weeks ago I found recommendations on EDF for re-pointing of brickwork. I can't find the thread now, but I can add to the several recommendations for Alan the pointer, who did great work on my house,taking a lot of trouble to get a good result. His number for anyone needing pointing of brickwork is 07775 573857

• 3 weeks later...
we recommended Alan this time last year. He did a great job on the front of the house - pointing looks amazing. However this August we have wasted two weekends and a days holiday when he came to patch up the back where some damp was getting in. He turned up without a ladder, and with the wrong ladder. This has meant the area which needed to get done has not been. So we have paid him for half a job and now need to look elsewhere. Nice guy, great work just poorly prepared sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - based on the reviews from the forum we had Alan round to fix the front of our house. He re-pointed part of the wall to stop some damp getting in, mended some brickwork around the doorway and refurbished all the windowsills (which were in a very tatty state).

He did a really great job for a reasonable price with a minimum of fuss. He left everything clean and tidy each day.

Overall highly recommended. As others have said, Alan's a decent chap too.

• 4 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Alan - he repointed some of our brickwork, repaired exterior cracks and tidied up a couple of our cracked and peeling window sills. Good result, reasonable price and a lovely chap to deal with.

Will happily recommend and use again when needed.

Archived