Rugby World Cup

jacks09

Yep, come on Otta, get yourself down to watch KCH play - only on Turney Rd, not far from ED.

Season starts on 19th September, with our 2s at home and the 1st XV away to Old Gravesendians.

Most of the England matches and any convenient other games will be on the TV, friendly crowd (most of the time) if you like a rugby club / mixed sports club atmosphere.

If you fancy a runout, we have a vet's team that have a couple or three games a season.

www.kchrfc.co.uk

I would imagine East Dulwich Tavern, The Cherry Tree and The Actress will all be showing RWC games. Is there anywhere in particular that people know of that will not only be showing the games but also getting into the RWc spirit??

Cheers,

Phil

Ok lads (and any ladies on this thread), these are my predictions:

Semi final 1: All Blacks beat Springboks

Semi final 2: Ireland beat England

Third place playoff: Springboks beat England

Final: All Blacks beat Ireland 20-15

Thoughts? Rebuttals?

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I don't see why not.

>

> Good, I'll be on holiday during the tournament so

> good to get reminders...

Will you be posting on holiday? Better have another user name handy just in case. The game itself which I have now read a bit about, allows you to predict to your hearts content all 40 group games in advance if you want to.

Yeah good point but I do feel the ABs under Hansen are even better than they were under Henry. Would love to see an Ireland win - my Irish girlfriend would be over the moon.

Where do you think will be some of the better pubs/venues in ED to watch cup games Alan?

Tricky. Elland Road is to the south of Leeds so isn't necessary to engage the city centre but traffic on the M1 and A roads nearby can be murder. Train will take you into the city and then a short bus ride to the stadium. Might be more enjoyable and you don't have to worry about having a few pints of Tetleys.