The EDKiwi Soapbox

Quaywe

I love Quaywe, it took me a day to work out your name... kway-wer, kewie-yoooer...

I smunkle daily that you still sign off as Kiwi to ensure that we recognise the wit ;-)

Georgia, that was naughty. We use humour to blunt the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. It doesn't mean that we don't care. I'm going to tell your mum.

On another note, how can we go off topic on a Kiwi soapbox? Surely it's all about pointing at the man with the funny hair whilst we slap our shoulders for our rationality? One should never throw tomatoes with righteousness, that way goes David Koresh.

Talking tomatoes, my problems this year were that they were too small and my girlfriend proved how sweet they were by eating them all. Quaywe, what solution do you propose?

The most irritating thing about the cricket isn't that we (deservedly) lost: it's that just as I was actually starting to enoy watching a sport on tv (for a change) - over the last 5 years - it's now been sucked into Rupert Murdochs Empire of Evil.

If I've got to mount a plastic dish on my house and pay a costly subscription just so see (what's supposed to be!) one of our national games then I'd rather do without.. out of sight, out of mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Ed.. you've excelled yourself with this fantastically bizarre posting.

I don't know what to recommend. Is 'Judge Judy' still going? Could we organise a whipround?

Hand it back - you should be overjoyed that his initial generosity gave you two years of free tunes and not begrudge that his change in fortune means that he'd like it returned. Frankly I'd have offered it back before he even asked, comfortable in the notion that he trusted me not to trash it, and I delivered on the promise!

We shouldn't spend our lives prowling in our mates' footsteps, hoping that we can catch them out linguistically and snatch their hard-earned posessions for ourselves!! Don't try and keep it - prove yourself a worthy recipient of other people's trust!

Dear Quaywe

You've got to ask yourself: what's more important, the stereo or your friendship, or your principles? Sounds like you can't have it all. If you don't even need the stereo, give it back. If you need the friendship, give it back but tell him he's tight and cheeky and see what happens ha ha.

Gift-wrap the stereo with a ribbon and bow on top. Thank him profusely for being so kind as to let you have the use of it for two years, but say that you understand that 'all good things must come to end, sooner or later'. Wave him off with a teary hanky - tightarse that he is.