former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi Damian H,

We don't know where this occurred or under what circumstnaces. Before manning the barricades some facts would be jolly useful which I hope to receive from redjam.

Also, comparing a parking problem with 40 years of Col Gaddafi repression seems a little disproportionate!

Regards james.

Earlier this week Cllr Mitchel and I met with council traffic officers and a representative of the South Southwark Business Association about two proposed new crossing across Lordship Lane. Please see attached draft plans of what they might look like.

The first is across lordship Lane adjacent to its junction with East Dulwich Grove. This should have the benefit of giving people the chance to turn right across Loardship Lane into EDG as well as cross LL. It will take out approxiamtely 1 non morning peak car parking space. I asked whether a full 'entry treatment' could also be installed as part of this making walking along Lordship Lane clearer to everyone so people walking don't have to dodge vehicles.

The second is a crossing where the Coop is. On the eastern side the kerb would be built out. This reduces the distance to cross so reduces the time vehicles are stopped and minimises parking to be lost - a win win. Due to TfL Buses we can't do this on the left hand side. This would overall take out around 6-9 car parking spaces - 3 on the eastern side permantently and 6 on the western side outside of the bus lane times of working.

Talking to officers its believed these lost car parking spaces can be made up for by having a very close look at existing yellow lines on LL and the roads leading of off it and replacing with 30 minutes parking with no return in 2 hours ie. the same restrictions as those lost.

Please do take a look and let me know what you think. If I've not explaned things clearly please do ask questions either via PM or via posting here.

BOTH :)-D

Many times council officers and consultants have reviewed junction with EDG and LL. Traffic lights would never be possible there without wiping out about 50 car parking spaces. I suggested a zebra crossing and finally after lots of thought a Pelican apparently is the best possible solution there so chuffed to bits + the Coop.

We still have to confirm that the replacement short stay car parking - but it shows that with a lot of tenacity you can get things changed.

They're not installed and working yet!

Hi Sue,

Funilly enoguh we did mention the map had the wrong pub name.

Hi Freddy1929,

If everything went well works would take place in August as requested ot minimise inconvenience during the school holidays. That would also fit in well with the Grove Vale works which should be taking place between now and end of July.

Edited to add data of how many school places.

This years primary school admissions process. Please see attached excel sheet.

Of the 182 cases not given a top 6 choice this year (it was 4 choices in previous years as lets face it choice 5 or 6 don't feel like choices) 179 reviewed in details for an alternative. 10 were from East Dulwich and all have been found places at Goose Green, Bessemer Grange or St Francesca Cabrini. Parents should be happy with those schools.

Overall 79.0% has their 1st school preference. Last year 82.8% had 1st preference but were delayed to allow several attempts to finesse the results before being released. Clearly the 122 children getting the families 1st choice of school for them was excellent.

This year bulge places at Goose Green (30), Dulwich Infants (30) and St.Anthony's (15) but total number of primary school places is 3,394 down from 3,416 last year. Perhaps this reduction in the number of places available has caused the noticeable dip in 1st preference success.

Hi Peckhamgatecrasher,

The idea is that cars coming from the south will be stopped when the Lordship Lane crossing is activated from turning into East Dulwich Grove.

The entry treatment across EDG would slow vehicles down making it safer to cross.

The pelican crossing would make it clearer to everyone when to expect to be able to turn out of EDG and when that isn't likely to happen.

Its not perfect but big step forward from where we are now and anything else would cripple parking for this end of Lordship Lane.

I'm back partially refreshed from eventful holiday - child tested the IoW A&E (which was exceptionally good, nursing especially).

Hi redjam,

If you live within 100m of section of Lordship Lane from junction with EDG to Coop then please do respond in the affirmative when the consultation comes out in 2-3 weeks time.

James, hope you had a good break.

Did you manage to find out anything about the Peckham Rye Adventure Playground sessions for disabled children? Will they be continuing?

Thanks.

BTW Just realised I'm using husband's identity - apologies, Dazeykat. He is just as concerned as me though!

refund Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> James, hope you had a good break.

>

> Did you manage to find out anything about the

> Peckham Rye Adventure Playground sessions for

> disabled children? Will they be continuing?

>

> Thanks.

>

> BTW Just realised I'm using husband's identity -

Yes you are right and wrong if you don't talked you will never know the truth.

I am sorry if you have miss interpreter everything what was said

and that is something about this place is nothing better to talked to

a human being than a machine . Whats the point about all this.

> apologise if things went this way.

Hi refund/Dazeykat,

I've asked.

I've also asked that if this required some parents to recieve training to run it outside normal session times what that would involve.

As soon as I hear anything I'll post something here.

It might be useful to directly talk so please do email directly. It might be a qualified first aider and CRB checks for a couple of parents and they could run a session each week or month and I can help put you/others in touch with support to arrange insurance etc to make to make it possible.

Hi adam85,

Dulwich Leisure Centre gym should be fully reopened, ending the temporary arrangements, late June. Hooray. This has taken for ever.

The Dulwich Leisure Centre clock has been fixed and should tell the right time from tomorrow.

Camberwell Leisure Centre gym which was your question should reopen later this year. The uncertainty over this date is apparently due to a planning decision yet to be taken.

Tomorrow night is Dulwich Community Council focusing on East Dulwich issues (7pm East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road):

- 'Bulge' classes.

- Primary and Secondary school admissions.

- North Cross Road Market changes.

- Two proposed new Lordship Lane crossings (East Dulwich Grove junction, outside Coop).

- Grove Vale road changes.

- Changes to the local Police service.

- Local Crime issues.

A chance to ask lots of questions and contribute to the debate.

Also a Southwark wide proposal about carbon emissions charging for Controlled Parking Zone permits with be discussed.

A leaflet put through my door about this meeting says that amongst the items for discussion is "Traffic management - North Cross Road Sunday market".

I was under the impression that there was not now going to be a market in North Cross Road on Sundays.

Has the situation changed?