former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi sue,

I'm sorry the councils 020 7525 2000 line has given you such rubbish service.

Can you seperately email me this conversation, and the street the miscollection occurred on and I'll escalate.

If you can specificy when the call took place I'll ask for it to be reviewed and lessons learnt.

James,

I was walking past the new road narrowing on Grove Vale yesterday and saw what i presume to be the finished work. There are holes and cracks several inches wide and deep in the road surface. It is some of the worst quality resurfacing that i have ever seen. My concern is that if the contractors leave it like this then by the time we get through the winter it will have all fallen apart. I am sure by then it will be too late to get them to repair it as part of their current fee for these works. Could you ask one of the council officers to take a look at the work and see if they think that it is of good enough quality or if contractors need to do a bit better?

Many Thanks

Hi milk76and inteaxatthemoment,

They've finished constructing te the electrics for the crossing but the road needs to be resurfaced. Due to the narrowness of the road now I've been told this resurfacing will need acomplete road closure and the works will happen overnight later this month.

James - hooray ! my mother's small terrace is now back to weekly refuse collections and have been supplied with clear bags for mixed recycling .

Thank you for your intervention .

( feeling slightly nervous though in posting this in case it results in hundreds of requests from others for similar arrangements . But I promise that this handful of properties were unusual in their circumstances .)

Hi James,

Probably not high up on the agenda but could I make an appeal for 'please close the gate' signs on the gates of goose green. ( and keep the dogs and kiddies safely inside ). I've seen a couple of near misses involving a dog making a bid for freedom into the path of a car.. and only because some people dont bother closing the gates after them( just thoughtlessly not mailciously ) . Similarly the large gates that let the leaf sweeper/lawn mowers in are sometimes left open by the council. Its lovely that nice dogs can run around off their leads... be even more lovely if we all make an effort to keep them safe.

James, Can you tell me why Southwark council prefer mixed recycling, paper, plastic, glass and tin, After watching

dispatches on channel 4 last night,I would very much like to know the process used by Southwark Council to ensure

our recycling is not going into landfills.

shell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi James,

>

> Probably not high up on the agenda but could I

> make an appeal for 'please close the gate' signs

> on the gates of goose green. ( and keep the dogs

> and kiddies safely inside ). I've seen a couple of

> near misses involving a dog making a bid for

> freedom into the path of a car.. and only because

> some people dont bother closing the gates after

> them( just thoughtlessly not mailciously ) .

> Similarly the large gates that let the leaf

> sweeper/lawn mowers in are sometimes left open by

> the council. Its lovely that nice dogs can run

> around off their leads... be even more lovely if

> we all make an effort to keep them safe.

Hi James,

Whilst signs are posted on Goose Green can some also be put on the children's playground too? I often spend my time closing the (2) gates which are often left open (I assume by excited kids who forget to close the gate after them), having a speeding toddler in there when its busy can be tricky!

Thanks,

Emily

Hi Donkey,

The latest proposals are a Puffin crossing across Lordwhip Lane a smigden south of its junction with East dulwich Grove and that East Dulwich Grove have a raised treatment where it meets Lordship Lane. So the pavement for pedestrians walking along Lordship Lane will feel extended right across East Dulwich Grove. The traffic will be broken into chunks by the Puffin Crossing adjacent on Lordship Lane.

Smugly (humour me) I suggested this during several long meetings with traffic consultants who could'nt find a way of fixing things without fully signalisatino which would have required no parking for 50m in all directinos from the junction which would never have got past public consultation.

Hi TE44,

I only watched a small part of that despatches. Did you catch the Prof of recyclnig name - I'd like to get in touch with ihm.

Your question - why has southwark changed to mixed up recycling. Because people recycle more the easier you make it. That the reduced value of the un seperated recycling is countered by the increased rate of recycling. Additoonally huge proportion of flats in Southwark in tower blocks making seperation really awkward for people. As it is many have complained about having 3 different wheelie bins - green, brown and blue. More seperation would require more bin types. So, yes its a compromise.

I'll find out the date but the new Integrated Waste Management Facility that's been years in the making will soon be open to visitors. Let me find out the date and you can then see for yourself.

hi embo71,

I'll ask if those gates can have signs added.

hi Fuschia,

Yes, I'll ask about auto gate closers.

Hi ClareinSE22,

I think one of the Peckham Rye ward Councillors has provided an update that the threat is real and he has asked what can be done and is expecting an answer soon.

Clearly East Dulwich ward cllrs and I'm sure Peckham Rye ward councillors would be horrified if such a useful facility were closed when so many millions are being siphoned into the councils reserves for a rainy day.

Let me try and find out what is proposed and why.