Anyone else doing NCT course next March?

newcomer

I''m a first-time mum to be and will be doing an NCT course in E Dulwich starting on 1 March 2010. Is anyone else here doing that course? Although my husband and I have been in Forest Hill/East Dulwich for about 18 months, I don't know many people in the area yet apart from our neighbours.

Hi Newcomer,

I'm also a first time mum to be and have been put on the waiting list for NCT courses in March for ED. I've been in ED for almost 2yrs now and know a few mum's but would be great to meet you at NCT classes or before.

Good luck with everything .x

Hi both

I am a new mum to be too.

I am due in April but have no idea about NCT. Do you join and then sign up for classes?

I would love to meet mothers to be as myself and my husband have also been in Dulwich for over 2 years now but haven't met many local people.

Katy

• 2 weeks later...

You can join/sign up for classes at the same time. In fact, I don't think you even need to join to sign up for the classes. If you google 'NCT' you'll be able to search for your local NCT classes on the website.

NCT stands for, I think, National Childbirth Trust. Friends have told me that the NCT is very keen on the 'natural' approach to childbirth (ie, strongly promotes breastfeeding, and also is keen on homebirths/natural pain relief techniques) so you may need to take some of the advice with a pinch of salt if you either can't or don't want to go down those routes.

However, in my view, one major benefit of the classes is that you meet other mothers at the same stage as you, which I imagine could be invaluable for me in those early days after giving birth, especially as I don't have family nearby.

(I don't work for NCT or have anything to do with it by the way, so I'm only repeating my own opinion here, and I'm sure there may be lots of other classes you could attend which would also do a similar job to NCT)