Rodwell Road 1960

JOHNNYBOY

I have added links to 2 family cine film clips from my website, My Nan Patsy Chinery on the steps of her home at 8 Rodwell Road in 1960, my cousins are playing in the street.

The other clip shows my Cousin Denise, My Aunt Anne & My Nan again on her way to a wedding with 2 other ladies, one is her sister Lily from no 14 but I don't know who the lady is in the blue hat & cream coat.

I have also added a family photo from the late 40s - early 50s: My Mum Joan Chinery (nee Stacey)is the lady dressed in black on the left, does anyone know who the other lady is on the right, I know my Mums friend was Joanie Stringer, would this be her ? Can anyone help ?

Many Thanks

Johnnyboy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I can definitely recommend AFE Plumbing services. i had a leaking tap in the kitchen and Aria came out the next morning to identify the problem and bring a new tap to replace the old tap and get it all working very quickly. Aria is a very helpful individual who will always do his best to solve a problem for you.  
    • Not ED by but https://goodasgoldldn.com/pages/menu in Brockley does the gluten free stuff. Highly recommended, the food is great.  
    • The biggest free Lambeth  country fair is in next weekend 
    • I’ve been following the conversation with great interest. I don’t think that london parks and their wildlife are appropriate places for this kind of events. And of course, it also affects residents, too. It was really annoying going to the park with so many people, cans and rubbish everywhere, and noise spreading towards all directions. And think that I do like this kind of music, but I still think that this is not the right place to run big open air events like this. Also, today I saw this on the news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gg8p770eeo A free event was cancelled because private ones damaged the Brockwell park. Of course a free event would be cancelled, there is no way it’d be the other way around.  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In