Foxtons (House Prices)

Alan Dale

Its all getting very confusing nest pas.

My drinks reference mad world was indeed about the fact i would rather drink with any one who was not obsessed with house prices. Ie the opposite of alan in his current guise.

But he is wrong about me being against owning either. I just wish rents and mortgages were not constantly being driven up by greed.

im rather horrified you might have thought i meant you mad world

You are so easy to tease Alan

By "your current guise" I meant the one in this thread which is fairly fixed on an "all profit= a good thing" shtick regardless of source (in this case housing)

I am generalizing for effect and I mentioned "in this guise" here because we are so obviously opposed on this point. On other threads however I think you seem a splendid fellow (with the possible exception of the pooch thread - my memory is hazy on that one I will need to check)

I still need to rethink my phrasing however if Madworld74 thinks I am not a "Foxtons loathing tenant"

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cant agree with you on the nurse v commodity

> trader. The former would exist if the later never

> did.

>

Seeing as we've been lounged we can explore this tangent you offered earlier.

The fact that the existence of nurses is not an implication from the existence of commodities traders is of no consequence to their relative merits.

Furthermore if you are saying that because the existence of nurses predates the existence of traders then they are therefore more important then again that is a fallacy.

Given the example of an individual who has all of the prerequisite skills to be either a successful nurse or a successful commodities trader then I would argue that it is of more benefit to society if that person becomes a trader as there are fewer people who can fulfill that role and the role provides a greater economic benefit.

Do you think that person should be a nurse and if so why?

My ideal evening would be a heavy drinking session at a pub full of Marxist nurses who just been made redundant, rounded off (just before last orders) by having a commodities trader burst out of an enormous cake and twanging his red braces whilst singing 'I'm in The Money'.

Last time I went into a hospital I found the nurses uniforms rather disappointing. In reality they are not at all what I was led to believe. I always thought they had to be made out of latex so that blood could be whipped off easily.

Anyway what kind of uniform do commodities brokers wear and which pub are we talking about? I?m trying to picture this.

The commodities broker is wearing a pin stripe suit, bowler hat and is carrying a briefcase and umbrella. He has a 'spiv' moustache, one arched eyebrow and a cruel mouth. He went to Cambridge but tries to talk like a market trader - and ends-up sounding a bit like Dick Van Dyke in 'My Fair Lady'*.

The nurses are all in boiler suits and are covered in blood from head to toe, after a heavy shift. There are a couple of pretty ones but most of them are a bit rough.

We're in The Gowlett. The landlord is looking uneasy because they've just run out of alcopops and the nurses look like they might turn nasty.

*Correction: "Hairy Poppins" - see later in thread.

Forwarded to me this morning by City contact:

Irish housebuilding may decline this year for the first time in almost two

decades, the Irish Examiner reported, citing Davis Langdon PKS, a property

consultant. The drop may amount to as much as 13 percent, the newspaper said.

Irish developers may build as few as 75,000 houses as demand eases, the Examiner

said. Irish house prices, which have quadrupled in the past decade, fell in

April for a second month and homebuilding declined the most in more than five

years.

Evidence of the emerging "global correction" of house-prices predicted by ABN Amro?