St Francesca Cabrini School, Forest Hill Rd opportunity to visit Friday 4th December

tallgirl

Anyone who is interested in seeing this school prior to completing their primary forms in January, there is a Xmas Fair on Friday 4th December from 4-7pm. This is the catholic school on the top of the Hill on Forest Hill Rd. It takes predominantly Catholic kids, but also C of E, Orthodox etc. It recently had a good Osted report.

I have two children at the school who are both happy and doing well. It is a very diverse school in terms of ethnic mix and occupation of parents (from Judge to Bus Driver and Shop Assistant to Paediatrician for example). Last years Y6 went to a good mix of secondary schools. All juniors learn Italian and they start with Spanish in the infants. The majority of the children come from Nunhead, ED, Forest Hill Honor Oak and Peckham, so are more spread out than from a community school,but my children live a short walk from several of their classmates. The school is on Forest Hill Rd, at the top of the Hill. The P12 stops outside and the P4, 63 and 363 are close by. There are 5 playgrounds behind the school, but unfortunately in winter the fairs are indoors!

Hi, toast I simply don't know. I do know if one parent and the child belong to a Christian faith (eg C of E, methodist, Greek orthodox etc) ie that there is someone to fill in the supplementary form, that it's worth applying for this school. Best to contact the school on 86998862.

St Francesca Cabrini's only takes non Roman Catholics if it can't find enough Roman Catholic baptised children to fill its places. The secretary said that for as long as she had been working there (8 years) she wasn't aware of any non-Romans going there.

...a quick edit.....it turns out I am wrong about this...do visit tomorrow!

Greek Orthodox children have been in both my children's classes at entry in reception (yr3 and 6 and there are others in other years) and I have known other Christian children in the school. You tend to find this out when the children hit year six and parents are discussing secondary schools and options. The children are predominately but not exclusively catholic. I'll PM you.