Great walks in countryside near East Dulwich

amac

Goodliz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you. This is great as I am not from the

> South East originally but often feel the need to

> get out into the countryside and can't think where

> to go.

There are quite a few books with titles like "Country walks near London" and "Walks in the Country Near London", plus there are also walks within London which are almost like being in the country, eg along the Thames between Richmond and Kew.

Also Sydenham Hill Woods, just up the road, though they're getting quite crowded these days :)

Thanks, truth to tell, I've only ever been walking near Box Hill and Leith Hill Surrey way, simply due to the amount of time it takes to get there as opposed to me old stamping ground of the Darenth Valley and Downe

Admin

Is there any chance of including the link to this blog of 'locally accessible' walks mainly in Kent (link in OPs original post) in the 'blog' section of local info? - although the walks aren't precisely local they are put together to be accessible for those of us who live locally and seem to have been well done. Although those of us reading the post now can bookmark the link, I believe it is of genuine value to those coming late® to these threads.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I hope you enjoy the walks and avoid getting lost, and, if you're using the train, they aren't all cancelled? There are also some muddy bits too at the moment, but it's all good really! Here's a couple of pix from the walks that might whet your appetite...