services charges for leaseholders Southwark Council

ontheedge

Just received a bit of a shocker bill for actual charges for 2008/2009. Double the amount predicted already paid ?791 now they are asking for another ?630 for responsive repairs.

I am sure this is more than what must leaseholders pay to private leaseholders where there is a sinking fund.

Has anyone else received a bill they are not happy with?

yes me, I am being asked for service charge now even though when I bought the property Southwark council gave me assurance in writing that no service charge was payable. Not only that but my property is a street property and not part of the estate for which I am being charged a service.

Bit crap, gonna have to embark on legal stuff I can't afford.

The council should give you a breakdown of the exact costs and how they are apportioned so at least you can see what they're charging you for.

I've asked for it but funnily enough they haven't got it on their system yet! Last year paid an extra ?480 on top of the ?760 I had already played didn't question it but this year by god I will whats worse they want the money within a month of receiving the bill so December 25th great timing.

There is a breakdown which goes

Building insurance: ?182

Heating 0

Entryphone:?7.16

Lighting & electricity: ?5.33

Estate ground maintenance:?250

Care & Upkeep ?152.73

Responsive minor repairs: ?685.15

That's the one that gets me as I can not think of any that have been done nor are they able to tell me as they don't have it on their system yet

Total charges ?1,421.29

The care and maintenance comprises of a mop being wiped over the floor every one to two weeks

The estate ground maintenance means the grass is cut on a less than monthly basis there are some rose bushes and shrubs to the front which were allowed to get totally overgrown as not pruned for 4 months until I complained and arrived home to a massacre.

I guess I was asking is anyone in the same position and complaining as I definetly intend to do.

Buildings insurance 182.62

Lighting and Electricity 42.67

Grounds Maintenance 60.89

Care and upkeep 161.21

Responsive (minor )repairs 64.55

Admin 51.19

Ground rent 10

------

Total 573.13

Estimate was 732.67 so have 159.54 credit.

Looks like you had a lot more repairs than us but we have been having Major Works going on with bills totally approx. 10 grand !!!!!