Music Techies - Wireless Active Speakers - Logitech

Mick Mac

Seriously though, how do you get anything but for under ?500?

Especially off a laptop, he just wanted something better than a crappy laptop speaker.

I'd have still gone for something with a sub woofer for a little oomph.

Actually not to hijack the thread but am pondering getting some new speakers, budget ?4-600. Any good recomendations?

I remember going to a friend's house a few years back, and we popped in to see his next door neighbour.

He took us into his lounge, where he had these just-unboxed enormous walnut and ebony columns of sound set up, connected to one of those amplifiers that only has one huge knob and a tiny light on it. He selected a particularly well-produced CD, cranked it up and the three of us stood together, in optimum stereo reception position, listening and appreciating the nuance and grandeur of pure and unadulterated stereophonic bliss for the duration of 3 minutes and 35 seconds.

And I remember thinking to myself "If I ever become this man, I will throw myself off Tower Bridge"

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sure Jeremy will take you to Richer Sounds if you ask him nicely.

I was sure you were going to recommend something else from the innovations catalogue - perhaps a Bose® Wave radio?

*Bob* Wrote:

> Good luck with the Logitechs, Mick.

>

> ?99.21 of mediocre sound awaits..

Lets see. Its a small gamble. If it does not work out then its wife's preferred option of a new hi fi system which will cost considerably more I fear.

Scarily accurate. Except it was 1992, and it was a fairly top-end studio.

I got quite good at cleaning the gold plated (you heard me) jack plugs on the patch cables. Unfortunately I blew it when I bought the wrong type of coffee from Sainsbury's... twice.

The fact remains - Mick Mac didn't buy your silly little yellow radio. Get over it!

If by 'boshed a wedge' you mean less than the cost of a maclaren puschair over the past ten years then yes I have.

Well done.

How's that feeling of superiority goin with you, making you feel better about yourself?

Enjoying getting a rise *tee hee chuckles into hand see what i did there I'm soooooo clever* so to speak? That's good.

Good for you, seriously, well done.

Edited to say some moods are better than others. Some moods' mothers etc...

Well this is all rather confusing.

Yesterday, I recommended something I actually own with a genuine thumbs-up, which costs ?120. Jeremy and you shot it down, on the grounds that it was yellow and mono and cost ?120. Mick then bought something something that costs ?100 which is nearly mono but worse in every way that the ?120 model, except wireless, which is nearly pointless.

And I'm the bad guy?

I think you've also made the mistake of assuming that my inclination to spend ?120 on a yellow mono radio must be the tip of an audiophilic iceberg indicative of ?10,000 of uberHiFi below.

We have two micro system things, less than ?200 each.

I have some studio monitors, which are (relatively) inexpensive at ?1000

We have a novelty Tivoli PAL radio.

Of all these products, the Tiv is the one I like the most and use the most - even for working on..

To be fair to bobbby, his studio monitors are tools of the trade, and it would be unfair to compare it to the price of a hi-fi.

Although saying that, if he convinces the rest of the world that mono is the way to go, he could probably sell one of them.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Although saying that, if he convinces the rest of

> the world that mono is the way to go, he could

> probably sell one of them.

Not at all. Stereo is a wonderful thing, but for the purposes of what we're talking about, it isn't everything.. and more to the point it isn't anything if you're going to buy a unit that has adjacent speakers anyway.