Question on ofsted reports

Does anyone know how often Ofsted reviews take place? I understand that there was a new reform from September 2015 where good or above institutions were to be reviewed every 3 years. Having looked at a lot of schools in the recent months it appears that several of them have reports from 2012. Should that not mean that a newer one (2015) should now be available for the public to view?

This is just a general point of interest by the way, obviously the choices are already made by now (and I must admit that Ofsted reports themselves were of little importance to us as we made them). I just had a read now out of interest and it appeared that a lot of them are rather dated and may not give an entirely accurate view of the current situation at a school.

Can anyone enlighten me?

If a school was rated as good at it's last inspection, I understand that they won't be inspected again for 3 years. And I hear that OFSTED are currently a bit behind on their schedules - hence it's going a bit over 3 years.

I wouldn't get too concerned by the lack of up to date reports. The schools all know that it's getting tougher to get good / outstanding so they should all be trying to make sure they're inspection ready in case that call comes. So possibly a good thing to draw out that period!!

Hi, it can be 5-6 years between full Ofsted inspections if a school has been judged good or outstanding. A mini-inspection is done after around 3 years and if this is of the same level or better than the original inspection than it will be another 2-3 years until a full inspection. If the mini-inspecion raises concerns, this would trigger a full inspection. Schools rated below good have more frequent inspections.

Renata