Ask Admin

Mogs

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've a friend who is trying to register via his laptop (which I gave him) and has tried umpteen names and passwords without success. I then had a go on my current computer using the name he provided (and he typed in his preferred password and confirmation of password). This looked as if it was accepted and he looked on his email (google) to check whether confirmation has arrived - but nothing has appeared. How long does registration normally take? And surely it can't be computer specific - I can log in from my workplace.

Advice please.

Administrator there was a thread about the Kingsdale results which disappeared, I then put a thread asking if it had moved and then that thread was taken down with no response.....I just want to know if it as indeed be taken down nd if so why? I had asked a question on and wanted to read the responses that's all?!

• Administrator
For your information I have previously been contacted by the police regarding posts on the forum and I get sent a notice by them requesting personal information to be handed over. You may call that a "blip in the usually excellent admin of the forum" (thank you) but I simply call it giving details to the authorities.

"We keep getting reports from someone apparently from Kingsdale saying posts are libellous. We have collected the details of the posters and will forward on to the authorities when requested so that they can speak to the individuals concerned.

I suggest that if you have embellished anything in your posts that could be lies that you quickly go and amend them before teacher comes back with the police. "

I think it was the last sentence that ,to my mind ,implied police involvement .

But I guess it was meant light heartedly and not intended to be taken seriously .

• 2 weeks later...

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> oooh, I DO WONDER who it could be Sue?

>

xxxxxxx

Doubt if you'd guess, I've never heard of them before .....

But I don't want to report their posts, they haven't been publicly abusive (yet).

SallyBeck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry to hear that Sue. What is wrong with some

> people hiding behind a keyboard? They should

> really get a life!

xxxxx

No problem with hiding behind a keyboard, it's what they type and to whom that's the issue.

Keyboards are part of life these days, after all.

Anyway I decided life was indeed too short to bother with somebody who's clearly either eaten a swarm of wasps or is two sandwiches short of a picnic.

He or she has probably moved on to insult somebody else.