Ask Admin

Mogs

Hi,

I am a member and have posted in the past, but I am trying to get a message on to the General ED Issues thread and I am only able to preview my message and click 'post'... the nothing happens. I have now tried 4+ times and the result is the same - my post is not appearing on the site. I have just tried responding to someone else's thread to see if that would work and it did, so I am stumped and appealing to you for help as I would really like my post to be on the site asap... help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Admin - is it technically possible to have a user's post count displayed in the actual post?

In the business section the way I attempt to gauge genuine recommendations from stooge ones is by looking at the recommenders' post count. This can be tedious if there are several user names I haven't seen before - a post count next to the user name and timestamp in the header would be perfect. Some other forums I frequent have this feature, but understood if there is a technical limitation.

miga Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Admin - is it technically possible to have a

> user's post count displayed in the actual post?

> In the business section the way I attempt to gauge

> genuine recommendations from stooge ones is by

> looking at the recommenders' post count. This can

> be tedious if there are several user names I

> haven't seen before - a post count next to the

> user name and timestamp in the header would be

> perfect. Some other forums I frequent have this

> feature, but understood if there is a technical

> limitation.

That's a good idea - I know when I look for recommendations I always check the recommender's posting history. If it's a name of someone I know in real life that's the best recommendation, but I have picked up decent ones from regular posters I've not met, having checked they don't just post recommending person X's business every few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle of using the forum this evening I was suddenly blocked from posting. I have emailed you but no reply so far. You didn't send me any messages at the time and I don't think I've contravened any forum rules as my account is still active (I can log in). When I try to post or send a PM I get the error message: 'Your IP address, domain or ISP has been blocked. Please contact the forum administrators.'

Please can you advise.

I'm posting this one via a smartphone.

Help! I keep being blocked! It switches on and off, with a red message telling me I can't post private messages, and then when a reply to message it just doesn't send. As it is intermittent, one poor person has now got more than one message!

It does the same to my phone as to my iPad. Thanks.