File Sharing? Priceless:the new protest track from Sly and Reggie

reggie

iTunes give a 25 second snapshot of every track before you buy! Film producers release trailers! These are not quite in your price bracket yet they give a guarantee that at least "some" content exists.

I have the million to spend no problem whatsoever - but I'm afraid I won't like the track.... so what are you going to do about it?

When you buy the track for a million pounds you are buying into the ideas behind the campaign.

You will know that you have in your possession a unique copy of a piece of music.

Which you can share or keep to yourself.

Download Priceless by Sly and Reggie, the file sharing campaign track.

Download Now

I can buy into the ideas behind the campaign for free I think you will find! Not that I do ... but that is free if I chose to.

By the way I have just sung into my phone and recorded it - was just a little ditty I made up on the spot and no one heard me. Let's make it a straight swap? I bet mine is better than yours.

Actually sod this ..... I KNOW mine is better than yours! Keep ya chuffing Whalenoise v Lady Sov mashup.

Inadvertently, I think reggie has stumble onto an important point.

When file sharing first began to manifest itself, the record companies responded with their own, legal, downloading offerings. At the time, you could pick up most CDs for about 9 quid or less if you shopped around. So what did the record companies do? Crippled the songs with DRM and offered them at about 12 or 13 pounds an album. Lesser product, higher price. This especially annoyed the consumer as they realised that the businesses had lower costs - no pressing, no album covers, no transport, no distribution.

So reggie's ?1M download is an obvious extension of this - offering something at a price far inflated from actual worth, in a vain bid at maintaining control. Marvellous piece of satire. Did you mean it?

Loz

If you want to add 'marvellous piece of satire' to the concept of file sharing protest song and increase its value I am more than happy.

Maybe it's looking a bit cheap now and should be ?2,000,000.

The track 'Priceless' by Sly and Reggie that you can buy will in fact not be a copy but a unique file.

Download Now

• 4 weeks later...