Midwife advice much appreciated!

Sicilia

Hi there

I'm new to East Dulwich and am trying to find a Dr. It's been really helpful to read about the DMC and lots of good things about the Lanes midwives, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Gardens Surgery midwife care?

Many thanks in advance!

I am with the Gardens and had a baby in November. Stella, the Gardens midwife, is absolutely great. However, the antenatal clinic is pretty oversubscribed, so at the end of pregnancy when I needed appointments more often than every four weeks, I had to see a GP instead. Not the end of the world, but it did break up the continuity of care quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you're still looking but I am trying to move away from The Gardens. I found Stella to be constantly stressed and rushed and actually gave me wrong advice about Kings where I am scheduled to give birth.

It's also little things like having to wait over an hour for appointments at times.

Also be aware that Stella doesn't do births, just antenatal care (does she do postnatal visits too?). So if it's continuity of care from start to finish you're after you might want to research some of the the other groups (Brierly, Lanes & Oakwood). But be quick, they're popular and places go alarmingly quickly.

And if you are with the gardens and have a hospital birth you won't have met any of your birth midwives beforehand, which I believe is different for practices such as the lanes? I had three different midwives due to shift changes, none of whom I had ever met. They were all lovely though so it wasn't a big deal.