Joe Runcak, carpenter. Fantastic.

HelBel65

Following on from this thread http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1636326,1636565#msg-1636565 I would like to post an unreserved recommendation for Joe's fantastic work. I have wanted to replace all my internal doors for a long time but didn't know who to ask, or quite how to go about it. And I wanted it done really really well. So glad I asked Joe. He is a perfectionist with a real artist's eye, very important in a property on a hill where everything is slightly wonky, including all the door frames! The job has been done so beautifully, I keep staring at my new doors (must get out more)

He also did various other jobs, including hanging a 6ft mirror & changing a bathroom light, so he is also multi-skilled. Thanks, Joe and the EDF. Really chuffed. :)

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to echo the above recommendation for Joe. Last Friday he finished a couple weeks of work in our flat. Custom bookshelves and cupboards, new sliding doors for a large closet, and fitting a threshold on a tricky step up to a tiled bathroom.

I was after a more traditional look and high quality work that we'd be happy with. As mentioned by the previous poster, Joe is very much a perfectionist. I felt bad when he had to try to get the closet doors lined up when the whole structure around it that he had to work with being uneven. But somehow, I have no idea how, he got the doors lined up really nicely.

Concerning the shelves, Joe was great explaining the options to us and giving advice about what would look best in the space we have.

Also he's very reliable about showing up when he said he would and just cracking on with it all.

Asides from this, something that very much impressed was how much care Joe and his colleague took to look after the space they were working in. We have a treated wooden floor and were nervous about damage, what with all the carpentry going on in the room. Not to worry. Floor protectors went *everywhere*. I have never seen anything like it. And the furniture in the room was thoroughly covered up. On previous occasions, getting work done in the flat, it is often down to the client to cover things if it needs to be done thoroughly. Joe beat us to it, and just as thoroughly. We had plastic sheets, dust doors and all sorts at the ready. No need.

And, as one last thing, Joe totally bailed us out when I bought a dining table that was a centimetre too long to fit into the dining room. Some handiwork later, and it was in! (A slice of door frame carefully removed and reattached.) Thank you, Joe! We love the new bookshelves and doors.

I just want to add my recommendation for Joe. He's just finished a cupboard in an awkward alcove in our living room, and we're really pleased with the result.

He gave us advice about what would work in the space, and did a great job so we've ended up with nice sturdy cupboard with perfect finish. It was just what we wanted! The whole experience was completely stress-free as well - he's great at staying in touch, turning up when he says he will, and he left the place spotless afterwards.

His price was very reasonable compared to other quotes we got for the same job. The only downside is that we had to wait a couple of months for him because he's so busy - but definietly worth waiting for!