miserablist

Earl Aelfheah

Umhh I've been driving for 30 odd years and yet to have anyone hit the front or back of my car.

Loads of dents from doors being opened on it in supermarket car parks.

I hit a car once when parked. Just been on an errand and someone had parked behind me in non-parking space. I reversed without looking and the tow bar went through their number plate. They demanded a fiver. It was a long time ago.

Last night I parked in such a tight place on a very rare drive into town (Holborn), got our to find bumper against a Merc. If you own a ?70k white Merc it wasn't me. It was funny and no damage was done (and car quickly moved forward). It was bloody impressive parking, just not quite as close as I had expected.

My best one was almost reversing into a Lotus that had parked half in half out of a space and was so low you couldn't see it.

I also crashed into a car that wasn't there once in Crystal Palace, came up on my nearside. Bloke just says- don't worry (must have been dodgy). Someone then lightly rear-ended me a short time later when a blue light made me stop quickly. I decided to do same (don't worry mate).

Who cares, they are just tin boxes made to get from A to B. Get a life, or more importantly get a bike!

My problem is that I live opposite a school. Peeps drop their kids off in a rush. So they reverse in at speed, hit the car behind them, pull forward, hit the car in front, kick the kids out and drive off. Then another swoops in and does exactly the same thing. I've had to replace my number plate a number of times and now the badge is broken. Just people not giving a monkeys. So annoying.

Rah did you not consider the front and rear cushioning option, available via amazon? I've continued to experience this myself for some years now, leaving me paranoid standing by the front window at busy times waiting to pounce on the next bad driver preparing to assault my automobile.

Louisa.

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My problem is that I live opposite a school. Peeps

> drop their kids off in a rush. So they reverse in

> at speed, hit the car behind them, pull forward,

> hit the car in front, kick the kids out and drive

> off. Then another swoops in and does exactly the

> same thing. I've had to replace my number plate a

> number of times and now the badge is broken. Just

> people not giving a monkeys. So annoying.

Is there any kind of recording device you could set up to catch them? That does sound really bloody annoying.