Local plumber and gas engineer - Jafar - Portrait Plumbing

jcarter2711

I'd highly recommend Jafar, who recently fixed a leak. He's SE22 based, and came out at no extra cost during the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend to sort the issue.

I've also had him back this week to service the boiler. An awesome, hard-working, polite guy who's such a pleasure to have around.

Highly recommend.

Email: [email protected]

Tell: 07401262071

• 2 months later...

Another recommendation for Jafar

I’ve had emergency gas leak which is been going on for some time and I haven’t noticed it .

I called Jafar this morning (on a bank holiday) after I explained the situation he then showed up with in 20 min .

He's lordship lane based , very nice and polite guy . Plumber and gas engineer

Highly recommend

Email :[email protected]

Number:07401262071

• 1 month later...

Cannot recommend Jafar enough - he's such a nice, honest and reliable guy, and such a pleasure to deal with.

We've been refitting a cloakroom toilet and he came round to replace the sink. He always showed up at short notice, dealt with unexpected issues brilliantly, and despite the whole room taking ages to complete, meaning he had to wait a few months between the first and second fix, he didn't expect any payment till the end and left us feeling like our happiness was his number one priority.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used Jafar's services today. The plumber smelled gas and turned my meter off immediately. I called Jafar and he recognised the emergency and came later in the day, immediately located the leak and corrected it. He was so friendly and informative.

Would highly recommend his services! Really nice guy :)

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend Jafar. He is just amazing. A great plumber, a great guy, honest, well priced, friendly, polite and determined to fix the issue I had which wasn’t obvious.

He came to my property at short notice, found the issue was a communal pipe (which many plumbers in the past have missed), advised me to contact the freeholders to fix the issue and created an access hatch to the pipe so it would be accessible to the freeholders who are responsible for the pipe and unblocking it.

And I really appreciated Jafar’s honesty in telling me to contact the freeholders of the property, because if we had started playing with the communal pipe and anything had happened, I would have been responsible for the whole pipe which runs the length of the building and the cost of fixing it.

Number: 07401 262 071

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas to you all

I don’t even know how to thank Jafar , I’ve had a unbelievable night last night

I’ve noticed a drip coming out my boiler in the morning and suddenly in the afternoon started to get worse causing the heating and hot water to stop working, i found Jafar through the recommendation in here and i gave him a call , Jafar came up with in 20min and luckily he had the part in the van , he managed to get everything up and running on Christmas Eve

Jafar if you are reading this I can’t thank you enough , you are a star

number;07401262071

email;[email protected]

Had such a fantastic experience - called in the morning and broken bathroom plumbing was fixed by the afternoon! Which was a real relief - so surprised by how quickly and cleanly he worked and how eager he was to sort out for us as quickly as possible.

Couldn't have been a better experience.

Number: 07401262071

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Jafar: he recently fixed our loo's broken flush mechanism - came over to look at the problem the day I called him, then returned the next day to fix it.

On both occasions, he gave me a rough idea of when he'd arrive (depending on his previous jobs), then called me half an hour in advance to let me know he was on his way.

He's super-helpful & nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had emergency gas leak which is been going on for some time and I haven’t noticed it .

I called Jafar this morning (on a bank holiday) after I explained the situation he then showed up with in 20 min .

He's lordship lane based , very nice and polite guy . Plumber and gas engineer

Highly recommend

Number:07401262071

Another recommendation for Jafar: he recently fixed our loo's broken flush mechanism - came over to look at the problem the day I called him, then returned the next day to fix it.

On both occasions, he gave me a rough idea of when he'd arrive (depending on his previous jobs), then called me half an hour in advance to let me know he was on his way.

He's super-helpful & nice.

I can vouch for Jafar too. Such a nice guy, very good at his job, efficient and well priced.

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Jafar!

He did such a good job for us- I have had a problem with our kitchen sink/ waste pipes blocking for months and he was the only plumber who came round who thoroughly investigated the problem and finally sorted it out for us.

Friendly, knowledgeable and hard working- will not be using anyone else!

reach him on - 07401262071

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Jafar. My bathroom sink ended up with a massive crack in it rendering it un-usable. He came to quote a Friday lunchtime. He saw the state of it and said he could come saturday morning to replace my sink. He sourced what he needed to do the job. By saturday early afternoon I had a new bathroom sink. Jafar is friendly, knows his stuff and wants to help!  [email protected]

• 3 months later...

Another recommendation for Jafar. I needed my new UFH connected urgently and my regular guy John Powers was on holiday as well as other contacts I tried. I contacted Jafar who managed to fit a visit that same day, and was able to fit me in the next day to do the works. He is a very friendly, polite and likeable guy, who's  work I can't fault, and leaves the place nice and clean afterwards. Reasonable rates and diligent worker. I will deffenitely hire him in again.

Used Jafar at Portrait Plumbing & Heating yesterday to fix our leaking bathroom toilet. He came round the same day and did a quick and professional job. Emails you an invoice, rather than cash-in-hand. Reasonable price too. I've lived in East Dulwich for decades, so I've tried quite a few local plumbers in my time. I'd use Portrait again, no question - [email protected] / 07401262071

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have another great review for Jafar. 

Our old old old boiler broke down on a freezing Sunday. I called him in the morning and he was able to come same day. Even though our boiling was old and complicated, he was able to get it up and running. 

His rate is £150 per hour on a Sunday.

Friendly, honest, and highly skilled. 

Thanks to those above me who recommended him 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for recommending Jafar - he's a star! My central heating packed up completely - Jafar came out within the hour and quickly diagnised the fault. It required a replacement part that turned out to be a rare breed. Jafar spent ages googling for it (he doesn't give up!) and eventually tracked it down. He helped me get next day delivery and changed his schedule to fix the fault and reboot my system. This took a couple of goes as my system is powered by an air source heat pump that eventualy required a complete reset. Although Jafar hadn't worked with an ASHP before he stayed with it and finaly cracked the code. Result lovely warm house again!. 

Not only is he brilliant in fixing stuff he is also a lovely person to have around who really cares about fixing things for you. Now my go to plumber.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst bleeding a rdiator after my air source heat pump service by another plumber the bleed valve started leaking. I knew that if I recalled that plumber it would be a few days before they would attend so I rang Jafar first thing in the morning. He picked up straightaway and despite a packed schedule managed to fit me in at 7 pm that evening when he fixed the radiator and another fault on my system. Yet another example of Jafar's fast response and willingness to go the extra mile.