Unable to get booking for 2nd jab at Tessa Jowell or Lister?

Hello - my husband and I had our first jabs back in March and were not given any option to book our second at the same time. We have now received texts telling us to book our second vaccinations but there are no available slots. Does anyone have any idea if/when new slots will be released at these clinics and whether it will be in time to vaccinate those due their second jabs? Thanks

Me and my husband are in the same position. Last time we got more than one text. We?d booked at Tessa Jowell when the text came through for the national booking. Wait a few days and you?ll probably get a text from Tessa Jowell.

Bear in mind that there are now a number of us due second doses sooner than expected as the government changed the spacing from 12 to 8 weeks. Those giving the vaccines / managing vaccine centres may well have had only a few hours extra notice on a Friday afternoon. Doses they have available are probably already allocated and getting more / finding staff to give them will need planning.

Also Southwark may well be lower down the priority list - cases are below the average for England, case numbers are so low locally they are suppressed on the interactive map so there may be priority to send available doses to areas with higher cases where there are those eligible who haven?t even had their first dose. Slow the spread elsewhere and save families losing a loved one against a couple more weeks of minimising contact seems reasonable to me. If your situation allows be patient. If your circumstances mean getting the second does ASAP is important to you take up the offer when you get it.

There seem to be two reminder/booking systems. One from the NHS and one from your GP. Only the GP link seems to have Tessa Jowell on it. I booked when I had the NHS message and booked in to Guys, then later that day got a second invite to book via a different link and was offered Tessa Jowell.

We are both over 50 and not had the option to get vaccinated at the Tessa Jowell centre for either first or second jab. We had to go a bit further afield (plenty of choices). We live in SE22. All a bit of a mystery!

Yes, I'm in my sixties and was pleased to received the link to book my second jab (at TJ or Lister) yesterday morning. Have been logging in to book a slot pretty much hourly since then, but the website always says there are no available appointments at either surgery. Maybe I've just been unlucky with timing. Received a further text today reminding me to book my appointment, which was a bit irritating.

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We are both over 50 and not had the option to get

> vaccinated at the Tessa Jowell centre for either

> first or second jab. We had to go a bit further

> afield (plenty of choices). We live in SE22. All a

> bit of a mystery!

I got sent two links one directly from the NHS that only had the hospital sites and later the same day a link via my GP which had Tessa Jowell and the Lister available. So I think it depends how you?re invited to participate.

That seems a bit rich, given the centre replaced a 'community' hospital.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> The Tessa Jowell supports a consortium of SE

> London GP practices. If yours isn't one of them

> you won't be asked there, I'm guessing.

first mate Wrote:

> That seems a bit rich, given the centre replaced a

> 'community' hospital.

> Penguin68 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The Tessa Jowell supports a consortium of SE

> > London GP practices. If yours isn't one of them

> > you won't be asked there, I'm guessing.

I think that's the point.

Community/local/surrounding area... you see?

To clarify, (and happy to stand corrected) the Tessa Jowell (as I understand it) offers community wide services via Guy's and Kings out-services (e.g. the phlebotomy department) and is also the location of one GP practice. This practice is in a South East London (mainly Dulwich and surrounds) consortium of GP practices and these have chosen to offer their patients the Covid jabs at the Tessa Jowell, which has both the space inside and the parking to make this a good choice.

It is not a 'community hospital' as such (and to be honest in its last years neither really was the old Dulwich Hospital), but it does offer out-patient services on a hospital sourced basis.

• 4 weeks later...